G&G Inspired Bookcase - Assembled Pics

Thanks guys. I hope to have an assembled shot by next week.
Toni . . . .
I hear a block of ebony in your shop calling, . . . calling, . . . calling to you. :peek:

Assembled and Curing

So it is just shy of 2 months and the finish is cured enough for me to assemble the parts. In a couple of weeks I'll buff it out and wax it to get that satin sheen that I prefer. As usual, I wish I were a better photographer . . .

Here's an overall shot, approximate dimensions - 33" H x 32" W x 14" D:

A-GnG-BC-pre-wax-overall.jpg

Detail shots of the base, shelf trim and top frame/trim:

B-GnG-BC-pre-wax-base-detai.jpgC-GnG-BC-pre-wax-shelf-trim.jpgD-GnG-BC-pre-wax-top-detial.jpg

The top panel (finished before assembly) floats in the frame. I exaggerated the gap and tried to draw attention with the rounded shoulder. This shot also shows an extreme of the color difference with the frame pieces meeting at a right angle. The whole piece seems to move as you change your angle while walking by . . . kinda creepy. The two distinctly different looking pieces (from this angle) are from the same length of wood:

E-GnG-BC-pre-wax-top-relief.jpg

A shot of the top frame and trim elevation conglomeration:

F-GnG-BC-pre-wax-top-elev.jpg

And a parting shot of the base panel, strap, frame and piercings hopefully all working together:

G-GnG-BC-pre-wax-piercing-d.jpg

I am glad to have it moved into the house for curing. I was working wayyy too near this thing over the last week or so. I hate dinging a piece before I even get the wax on it :eek:.

Last edited:
Glenn, You are one fantastic woodworker..... If it's not perfect,then nothing is. All details are just so great. But then so is all your work. I think you must be a distent relitive of G&G WOW:thumb::thumb:

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. Its been great having you all along for the ride. I'm still trying to decide exactly where to put it but, will have to decide soon. I should get it rubbed out and waxed by next weekend and it will be time to get these books off the floor ;).

:eek::score::score::score::coolphotos::thud::bow: :bow: :bow:

I just run out of emoticons to show my appreciation for your work Glenn. You are a source of motivation to me.

Thanks for posting the whole process.