freon --phof

R

ray hampton

mine air condition unit are low on freon again, I want a new unit this time so I call Sears to get a price from them for a A C unit and furnace

i have one as well steve and it was gotten used,, it works great.. ac in summer and heat in winter.. the ac cost me around 10$ a month this year and no rust or condensation and all the noise is out side ,, mine is a Bard unit.. the only draw back i had was its exhaust port caused it to flood out the ingniter valkve but i put a deflector over it and its been fine ever since..about a 2 x 3 foot print on the outside and 2 - 14 x 30 vent holes inside.. one for heat and one for cold air return..

I was not aware that Lowe or depot sold central air or furnaces

They sure do and If ya put it on the Home Depot Credit card you can get 0% interest for 1 year

Depot and Lowes, along with Sears just act as a third party in the purchase and installation. IMO you could save up to 40% by going with one of the local larger companies that you can research. All 3 of these big box retailers mark up the labor and equipment ......in Sears's case the mark-up is 1.87!!!.....that means for every dollar in labor....you pay $1.87.

Trust me on this.....I have first hand knowledge.:eek:

Depot and Lowes, along with Sears just act as a third party in the purchase and installation. IMO you could save up to 40% by going with one of the local larger companies that you can research. All 3 of these big box retailers mark up the labor and equipment ......in Sears's case the mark-up is 1.87!!!.....that means for every dollar in labor....you pay $1.87.

Trust me on this.....I have first hand knowledge.:eek:

YUP!!!

I do not have the money in my bank to pay for new install---so will have to charge the purchase

the internet site for Lowe's did not list electric furnace-----Lenox [home depot ] kept telling that my E-MAIL address was wrong