Doll crib

I'd like more info on what looks like a lathe duplicator. The 'chain' devise going to the banjo?

Great design, and by your past work, you are more than up to the task. This will be an interesting follow-along.

I'd like more info on what looks like a lathe duplicator. The 'chain' devise going to the banjo?

Great design, and by your past work, you are more than up to the task. This will be an interesting follow-along.

That's a Vega Duplicator.
IMG_0350.JPG
I print off the pattern, a free download of a full size 4 poster bed. Hard part is printing the pattern to a size you can use. Glue the paper pattern to 1/4" board and cut out, sanding edge smooth.
IMG_3017.JPG

Built one to match my mom's Bedroom set a bunch of years ago, large like the first pictured, great for displaying dolls but a bit impracticle... IMHO With three Granddaughter (of various sizes) and now a neice... I have several to make, real soon. I have been planning and have been drawn to American Girl Doll sized, (which I believe usues a 20 X 11 mattress.) They have American Girl dolls.

same doll here. Built a doll bed last year for same kid. Now, when friends are over to play, she needs another piece of furniture, LOL!;) And she doesn't want any plastic crap! Like her Nana, want's wood furniture!

Last edited:
I like the closet armoir. I have one to build for a friend. Where did you find the pic that you have and is there a pattern for the armoir also? I might try to build it as a doll clothes armoir to be later used as a jewelry armoir.
no dimensions off website,
http://www.mumsaid.co.uk/product_details.asp?id=11787
it's woodworking by the seat of your pants! You see a pic, you make it up as you go! The doll crib had a size listed, so I use that as a guide.

Last edited:
two test spindles for crib sides.

I made a fat 9" long spindle, thought it looked a bit robust against the cribs post. It's pin was 5/8" on the end, so I made another one 1/8" thinner overall, ending with a 1/2" pin. I like the thin one, Swmbo likes the larger one. What do you think??:huh:
IMG_3183.JPG

how to connect side rails?

For a hidden knock down connection I am going to try metal keyway fastener mortised into the post and a screw into the 8 rail ends. I could buy 2& 3/4" L brown painted large flat allen head screws but want to keep the post free of holes if possible. Here is the idea. From Home Depot I bought 4 double keyway fasteners , cut in half. If I am carefull on where I put the screw, the rail should cover the hanger when engaged.

Attachments

• IMG_3204.JPG
    IMG_3204.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3205.JPG
    IMG_3205.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited: