Cyclone Overfill - Guess It Was My Turn

glenn bradley

I was always wondering when this would happen to me. I try to pay attnetion. I didn't think I had done that much work since the last dumping. I caught on when I saw material in the bag under the filter; this is usually empty. . . doh!

Attachments

• Cyclone-overfill.jpg
    Cyclone-overfill.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 90
BTDT so many times it is starting to become SOP (Standard Operational Procedure) :eek:

Now, lets see you empty w/o cascading all over the floor... :p

Well Glenn i saw Oneida Air came out with a new dust bin gadget. For all of you take a look here this is an upgrade you might want to consider.

You have got to be freaking kidding me, $129 for THAT :eek: :doh:

Holy cow, just put a window in your lid and "LOOK" and see if it is full or now...... this is NOT rocket science :rolleyes: :D

cyclone_window.JPG

:D

Yeah but "that" helps the gray hair syndrome of remembering to check.:rofl: It lets you know its happening automatically.

If you look at it they using a proximity sensor and that is where cost comes in. Its not a gimic.

Wonder if a simple Micro switch gezt the job done? Wit a paddle attached, when the mass builds up it activates a light...

Or place a bathroom scale under the bag, (or canister) when the weight reaches a certain amout, its time to change.

Yeah but "that" helps the gray hair syndrome of remembering to check.:rofl: It lets you know its happening automatically.

If you look at it they using a proximity sensor and that is where cost comes in. Its not a gimic.

Do you forget to turn on the lights when you go into the shop?

Do you forget to use hearing protection and safety glasses?

When I get set to run a tool that uses the cyclone I walk all of 10 or 12 feet (max) to the cyclone, bend over just a bit and "look" into the window......

if it is full, time to empty it, if it is NOT full, return to machine and cut stuff.:D

Next thing they will come out with a gizmo that sends you a text message if your cyclone bin is full, or calls your wife and gives her a recorded message..... :rolleyes:

Sorry, I can think of a LOT more things that I'd spend the money on.

Now, if your cyclone is outside in a shack well, that is a very different thing, checking it would not be easy, so the sensor would be good for that, but if you cyclone is in the workshop..... :doh:

My opinion mind you, YMMV :wave:

My barrel-to-cone hose is clear and should have been easily spotted. I do have the tendency to get "overly focused". Doh!