Whats the weather doing where you are?

My SIL said that they had snow this past weekend in Havre, Montana. My wife had planned on visiting there next week, but decided to put it off for a while...like spring or summer now.

Dont know about you guys south of me but seems as if we went from summer to late fall very quickly this year. We have had significant temp drops this past week or more. Trees are already changing and they say they 2 weeks ahead this year.

Argh, make it stop! I'm hoping for a nice long fall! :(

Usually we make one last beach trip out to Lake Huron in September, but this year it may not happen. There have been some warm temps+days, but not on the weekends.

We've had a wonderful summer this year. It only got hot a couple of days, and even then the nights have been cool.

California (at least where I live) is the closest thing to Paradise you'll find on this earth. I often wonder how people live anywhere else.

Mike

seems to be acting like a early fall in our parts as well rob..have even seen some corn being picked..some birds are flocking up but the humming birds are still here:huh::huh:

Well, somebody's hummer flock came through here last week... looked out and we had about 20 or 25 buzzing around the two feeders we have out... they hung around for a few days and now seem to be gone. :D

Weather.

Funny you ask.

I'm in NW Ohio and the last 2 weeks were mild. 70-80 degrees and wonderful in the mornings... SOOOOO, I went out back and drained my pool and got it ready for the winter.

Now tomorrow is supposed to be 91....

Figures.

California (at least where I live) is the closest thing to Paradise you'll find on this earth. I often wonder how people live anywhere else.

Mike

Mike can i take it that should an earthquake of significant magnitude occur you would be safe. If so i agree but when i am in California thats always on my mind.:D;)

Thanks for all the input seems there are many parts expecting early winter.:(

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I can just imagine how many people the world over would say the same thing about where they live. (or at least places they've been, or have lived)

For instance, to me, the LA area is too crowded, too many cars, too much gridlock, too many earthquakes, and frankly I don't understand why people live in a desert, and fear that increasingly you folks are going to have issues with water. (but then again, when I was 20, I would have loved to move there! :huh:)

Mike can i take it that should an earthquake of significant magnitude occur you would be safe. If so i agree but when i am in California thats always on my mind.:D;)

Thanks for all the input seems there are many parts expecting early winter.:(
I'm not too close to any known fault lines but you never know. I just think of it as learning to live with the sword of Damocles. But until I get shook down, I'll enjoy life.

Mike

Last edited:
We had a crazy hot summer. A total of 23 days above 90. Kind of dry too, not much rain.
Right around Sept 1st it started cooling off. Days in the 60's and 70's, no humidity. No frost yet but i'ts not too far off.
Some trees are starting to turn. Acorns are falling like crazy. They fall off the huge oak tree in my backyard and hit the metal bulkhead. Sounds like we are under attack :rofl:

PS: Rob... Listened to CBC this morning and they spoke with someone from Environment Canada who is predicting a long warm fall, followed by a winter that is colder than the last one. In fact this year in total could be the hottest on record here in Canada.