Out of kits

Jim Burr

These were my last 2 Jr Gent Ti's...my hands are shaking from withdrawls and I just finished an order on CSUSA.:rofl::rofl:
COW that will be sent to Jeruselum and then sent back so it will be BOW and another Amboyna Burl. Finish is CA x4, knocked down with 0000 steel wool and Ren wax. Hope ya like 'em :wave:

p.s. I figured out where the WB settings are on my camera...just can't get the stupid thing off "Auto" :bang::bang:

Attachments

• COW.jpg
    COW.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 30
  • amboyna.jpg
    amboyna.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 28
Of course, both beautifully done. Better than the photography. :rolleyes:
Have you ever put CA on olive wood before? If not, I'm concerned it might develop white spots under the finish. Olive is oily and some finishes do not adhere very well.

Have you ever put CA on olive wood before? If not, I'm concerned it might develop white spots under the finish. Olive is oily and some finishes do not adhere very well.

Yes sir...this one was. I'm thinking, which is usually a mistake:huh:, that 2 things can happen to cause this 1) to thick a coat at 1 time 2) to much accelerator sprayed to close. I messed with a chunk of walnut awhile back and "perfected";) this method and it seems to hold up well.

CA for Olive

CA works just the same on Olive. I've never had a problem with it, HOWEVER I find that a mixture of
1/3 Denatured
1/3 Shalac
1/3 Linseed oil

Spinned at high speed makes a much nicer finish on Olive and some darker woods than CA.

Just my opinion though, some people swear by CA on everything. I personally dont care for it. I use the above mixture or HUT high speed wax.