Guitar Case

scott spencer

This case was a quickie weekend project made to protect the guitar I finished up last month. It was made mostly of scraps from around the shop, except for the material and hardware. Material and hardware cost were in the range of $25. It was nice to have a no fuss low pressure project that could be completed in a few hours for a change.

case4.jpg

case3.jpg

case1.jpg

The case looks real nooks nice, Scott. :thumb: What did you cover the outside with? I do notice that it's set up opposite of other cases I've seen. Al mine have the body on the right and the neck on the left when it's opened.

Thanks Vaughn - The cover is a heavy fabric with some sort of a rubbery liner to it. The inside fabric is fleece. I guess you'd have to be a guitar player to notice which end the body is supposed go in.... never paid much attention to it! It was just sort of a "that looks about right" thing. :huh:

What did you use for the 'custom fit' interior?

Very snazzy case. I've got some beat up old cases that could stand to be replaced...

I like that case. Looks great. No Fender retro yellow twill?;)

Ha!...not for this one, but that's exactly what I used to cover the 12" I made for my other son's guitar. That same speaker happens to connected to the "Green Goblin" right now, as it's the only guitar speaker in the house.

Brent - I used foam cut around the guitar body. Spray glued in place, with the black fleece spray glued over that.

I've got plans to make an 18 watt tube amp, and another speaker...maybe this winter if SWMBO will quit adding things to my list!