Any one else do this?

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
So, Have to take King Bubba (my Truck) in to get some work done tomorrow. Just spent 2 hours cleaning out the inside and giving him a wash so I'd feel comfortable having the shop guys look at it.

Previously, there was enough Bucky Fur in it to knit a sweater, and junk piled seat high in the back. All that's in there now is the owners manual, registration, and insurance form...

Even took the old seat covers off. for a 10 year old truck, the interior looks like it just came off the lot, well, except for the dog hair in the carpet that wouldn't come out....

Just couldn't see taking him in to the dealer looking like a trash heap...

You mean to tell me that you are supposed to Vacuum and Wash your truck????!! News to me...I thought that was what a heavy rain was for.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah, I do that too, I think that if the mechanics see the vehicle in a state, then they don't respect it and will not do their best work, if they see it in very nice shape, obviously cared for and clean, then they too will take extra care.

Just my theory, could be dead wrong :D

Thanks Stu, I think that's a big part of it.

Anywho, Bubba is looking pretty good now and will be in great shape when we go camping in a few weeks... :thumb:

Mechanics? Haven't used one in years...probably should though. :rofl:

My only "New" truck shelled the transmission at about 40k and was in the shop about every two weeks. Went back to old beaters and other than an occasional oil change, they keep on ticking (no really they tick :rofl: )

Yeah, but there are a couple of recalls I need to get addressed, and we are planning on going on some long distance camping trips, so just want to have someone give Bubba the once over. Last couple of trips I've had a few issues that really could have been a problem if they happened in the wrong place.

As an added bonus, he'll be ready for the trip,so saved a little work there by doing it today...

Brent, When cars would come in clean, it showed the owner paid attention to detail and that we had better too. The guys would definitely be a little more careful. I don't care if it was a 1978 ford maverick. Another tip is to actually make sure you meet the guy that will be working on the car. That away it will put a sense of personal responsibility on them and that you are not just some work order hanging on the wall. I don't make my living in a garage anymore, but my wife and I still try to make sure the cars are cleaned before taking them in for service.

Well, it was expensive, but I think they did a great job. It now runs down the road straight, doesn't vibrate above 60, and feels like a brand new truck.

Even better is that Sharon Paid for it for me! :thumb: :thumb:

And we've got a clean bill of health, so we are ready to take it into the remote reaches of nevada for our vacation that's coming up...

Most common folk don't name their PU trucks, although I do refer to mine as BWB (Big White Beast) I also keep mine 10 years. (Bought new in '77, '87, '97, & '07) But for the life of me, I have never understood why put seat covers over perfectly good seats. Why not enjoy the upholstry you pay for? Why save the good looking and feeling upholstry for the next owner who gets a used up truck with great seats...

Reminds me of my neighbor (several years ago) who bought a new high end car, had the seats covered with plastic to protect them, then becausethey were hot in the summer and cold in the winter they covered them with ugly Beach towels. WHY? Pay extra for new and nice and then suffer with inconvenientce of the covers and the ugly apperance.

Of course this is my humble opinion as a wasteful American who likes to enjoy what he pays for.

Most common folk don't name their PU trucks, although I do refer to mine as BWB (Big White Beast)

I thought your were going to say 'Normal' people there for a second :rofl: I named mine King Bubba because He's a big ole diesel Dually. Just seemed to fit.

I also keep mine 10 years. (Bought new in '77, '87, '97, & '07)

I plan on keeping KingBubba till I run him into the ground. :thumb:

But for the life of me, I have never understood why put seat covers over perfectly good seats. Why not enjoy the upholstry you pay for? Why save the good looking and feeling upholstry for the next owner who gets a used up truck with great seats...

Well primarily because of the dogs. It's one thing to enjoy the upholstery, and another thing to have dog hair that weaves it's way into the fibers and gets stuck there so that you can't ever get it out. We get decent seat covers that look nice and are comfortable though.

The odd thing is the Black labs fur didn't seem to be as bad as yellow lab fur. I swear Bucky's must have some 'Velcro' in her lineage as that yellow fur sticks and wont come off no matter what I do :eek:

It's hunting season again, every time I need to do a pick up or delivery it's a job just to empty it out. No I do not clean it often UNLESS I know the wife will be riding in the van, Not very often. LOL

Around here, our dogs ride in the back (bed) of our trucks...:wave:

And our dogs are named "Bubba" not the truck...:thumb:

However, I can see where you are coming from... I have to admit that SWMBO places Towels of matching color on the seats so my nasty drawers won't stain. Also there are towels under the carseats where my grandaughters ride. (you think dogs are messy, try 3 girls of various sizes strapped in safety restraints :eek:) :rofl:

Enjoy your new seat covers and pampered dogs and truck... :D

Around here, our dogs ride in the back (bed) of our trucks...:wave:

Enjoy your new seat covers and pampered dogs and truck... :D

If you only knew how pampered!

Bu seriously, It's actually against the law in California to let the dogs ride in the back of the truck if you can believe it. I'd let bucky ride back there if I thought she had the brains to actually stay in the truck.... :eek: