Couple More tables for the church.

Don Baer

Staff member
These were forgotten at the time of the original order and I have decided that I would donate them. They will be the same style as the other table but since they need em in a hurry I won't do the Mortice and tenion like I did on the original one also since they are in a rush I'll used maple plywood and edge band the plywood. I went out this afternoon and picked up the edge banding material from Woodcraft then I came home and cut up all the pieces. Nether of these table will be on the altar, one will be a side table for the altar servers to put the book on that the priest uses. It will be 24x24 and 19" high.

attachment.php

The other will be in the middle of the church and is used for holding the gifts until they are brought up to the Altar. It will be 24x18 and 28" high.

attachment.php

Tomarrow I'll do the glue ups and start finishing them and hopefully finish the finish work on Sunday and Monday for delivery on Tuesday.

Attachments

• IMG_1683.JPG
    IMG_1683.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1684.JPG
    IMG_1684.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
well I didn't get as much done on these as I wanted since I had to many distraction. The main one being spending most of the day looking for my heat gun to apply the edge banding. I finaly gave up and and went and got LOML's hair dryer It work to apply the banding but it a lot slower.

One of the challenges since I am not using M/T joints and am using sheet good for everything but the legs is how to join them. Well pocket screws and glue was my choice but I need a way to make sure that all of the skirts were just the same leaving the illusion of M/T joints. I came up with this fixture or is it a jigg, oh well who cares. I took a scrap piece of ply and another piece the thickness what I wanted the apron to be set back from the fronts of the table legs. I glued em together and walla a jigg, or is it a fixture.. :huh::dunno:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here are the table with the tops just set in place the smaller one needs the edge banding yet, I'll do that tomarrow.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1685.JPG
    IMG_1685.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1686.JPG
    IMG_1686.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1688.JPG
    IMG_1688.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1687.JPG
    IMG_1687.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
well I didn't get as much done on these as I wanted since I had to many distraction. The main one being spending most of the day looking for my heat gun to apply the edge banding. I finaly gave up and and went and got LOML's hair dryer It work to apply the banding but it a lot slower.

I can't tell you how much time I was looking for things. I tend to just budget it in to my daily activities anymore.... :rofl:

Those tables are looking pretty nice Don!

I just lay the apron on top of the spacer , one small piece on each end of the apron, flat on the workbench, put a leg on each side, clamp them from the top, and screw in both legs at once.

Those came out great. Nice clean lines and the sheet material matches with the solids well. Good pocket hole "third hand" idea too, thanks.