Just playing around a bit...

John Pollman

Hi folks!

A few weeks ago I posted some pics of a wooden deer head sculpture that I made. It came out pretty nice but I wanted it just a little bit bigger. I did make a larger one and I'll put up some pics of that one later. Those were pretty fun projects and it got me thinking. I wanted to see about making some more similar "sculptures" of my own instead of just copying an existing design. I was trying to think of an item that wouldn't be too difficult to start with. Then it hit me. My son is a big time skateboarder and that was it. A representation of a skateboard should be a good place to start. I figured he could just put it in his room as decoration. I had some left over Baltic Birch from the second deer head that I did so I got to work. It wasn't going to be an exact replica but a representation of what a skateboard looks like so it didn't have to be perfect. I had to figure out how to make the pieces fit together and still look realistic. It wasn't really as hard as I thought it would be. Here's what I came up with. I kind of like it! I can't wait so try something else.

boardsculpture1 by Budster48309, on Flickr

boardsculpture2 by Budster48309, on Flickr