spalted crotch maple HF

Yep this is some more of Larrys gift.:thumb: It's aprox 9x4. Finish is just rattle can lacquar. Not sure how many coats but more than 5 :dunno: Sorry about the pics as the camera don't seem to want to focus in right.again:dunno: Owell they are what they are.:rofl:
Steve
PS the in process pics are for Rob

Attachments

• 010 [800x600].JPG
    010 [800x600].JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 015 [800x600].JPG
    015 [800x600].JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 017 [800x600].JPG
    017 [800x600].JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
steve,, i dont know what you ought to do to that larry guy,, he must be nuts gettun rid of that kind of junk wood to friend.. only critique i got on this one is you got the hole in the wrong side..that bottom is SWEET:D:thumb::thumb:

Wow...I need your vision in to what can be found in a chunk of wood. I still have my chunk of Larry's coco in the bench. When the Monster shows up and I get some lessons...I'll be worthy...well, maybe:eek::eek:

Good stuff, Steve. That wood has all sorts of things going on with it. :thumb:

On the focus problem, if your camera's not cooperating, sometimes you can get it to focus by aiming it at the edge of the piece, hold down the shutter button halfway until it says it's in focus, then (without releasing the shutter) re-aim the camera toward the center of the piece and press the button the rest of the way to fire the shot off.

heck plug your top hole and make new one to show of the purty side:rofl:

IMHO, in most cases plugging the bottom of a hollow form is like making a smoothing plane out of MDF. :p

maybe i shoulda took that old lathe so he wouldnt be so out numbered against their pull and he could have 50% more time to do flat stuff.. i hear scrap prices are up:)