Do you enjoy this forum ?

A Great Place

Hi,

Lookie Lous please join. It is a great place to be. I heartily agree with "Educational, Comfortable, Entertaining."

I visit almost daily.

Most of my WW education comes from my son, Glenn, and FWW.

Enjoy,

Jim

I have never said it---My avitar is a photo after my first airplane ride. I was 4 yrs. old. The pilot was my dad. I still have the goggles he was wearing and I still have the manual for the Eaglerock airplane he owned.

Yep, I do.

And I'll take the (implied) challenge. I'll do some kind of woodworking by year end (or at least by the time my better half finishes his 2010 projects) :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Sharon, was that a typo? Did you mean 2009 projects?:rofl::rofl:

Like the others - yes, I enjoy the forum for all the same reasons as so many others. I. too, landed here after being very disappointed with the harsh tone and elite attitude found elsewhere. This is a good place to be.:wave:

Oh yes! Good people, good info. Great people, great info. Both are true. Woodworking and life lessons are both involved here. We are family!:thumb::thumb: Family Woodworking, Sister Sledge or the Chipmucks--they all make it work.

Last edited:
this is not the only forum that I visit's but it is one of the best

I do when I can.....

Let me explain, When I was busy doing woodworking stuff I was on here daily, reading, learning, contributing.

Since July of 2008 I have been literally swamped with insurance work for my real job (licensed building contractor) and have had no other time to even think about doing woodworking related projects.....in fact my shop had become a disaster in regards to stuff piled up on benches, saw top, outfeed table etc....anyplace something could be put while persuing work, was put there. Any time I even thought about doing a little something out in the shop I looked at the disorganization I created from my real job, and said....someday I'll be able to get back into it a little again.

Well, the insurance work has ended (sadly) and I have some new construction that customers have been patiently waiting for,......but the good news is.....last night I took the time to clean off the table saw top, the outfeed table, the workbench and gave some serious consideration to getting some of those projects I had put off for several years done.

I'm glad this place exists, it's a wealth of knowledge and good people..... I'm hoping (for reasons mentioned) to be a more advid user.

Thanks for leaving the light on for me. :thumb:

Steve, glad to hear you have been busy with work. Also glad to hear you'll still be busy, but maybe not quite as busy so you can spend some time in the shop, and also spend some time here too! :thumb:

Well glenn said, what i and others have been thinking,, this is a group effort and we all like variety and see thing differently than others.. but we all came here looking to learn and get info that we may not have had and could get freely.. we all, as in anyone that participates will be rewarded for it. in one way or another.. we have seen our hobby or craft fade away in the schools and the lack of it has caused the loss of its skills by many the ones that know are leaving and those that are looking cant find it..here we have access but we need to share and to ask..those of you out there just starting out dont EVER think that your question or your problem is to much bother for us,, its not.. we all started at the same place! the bottom of the ladder.. and some have climbed along way up and others are still looking at the first few steps.. i could give you examples of folks here that when they came, they were without many skills if any.. yet some of them even put the older ones to shame with there many projects and they got the confidence and the help they were looking for here!!! and its threw the posting of step by step builds or completed jobs that some have done and the problems they encountered and got threw with the help of the forum.. so do i enjoy it, yes have i tried to give back, yes again and will continue as long as i am here..

i've liked this site since the first day i found it. lots of good, helpful people. where else can you find 4 guys, from different continents and different parts of the country, hop into an rv and tour a good chunk of the country, meeting and greeting as they went, welcomed as prodigal sons where they landed?

ol son, yer spelin hes improvd a biit, thems teh mos wurd strun tagther withou enni misspellins. how much ye payd the kid nex dor ta tipe that?:D