snew

Ned Bulken

what's snew?

not much what's new with you?

*badum-dum* *cymbal crash*

well y'all, here ya go: it isn't really all that cold today, but we are getting lots of pretty lake effect. at around 12:45 I went out to shovel, at 1:15 I took the following photo
P1010006.jpg

when I shoveled, I cleaned off my windshield. not that you can really tell.
P1010007-1.jpg

see the snow pile on the roof? That's since wednesday afternoon.

P1010008.jpg

now, this isn't bad, really. Pulaski and Oswego NY just northwest of me have gotten really dumped on, thanks to a solid week of just about non-stop lake effect. Even made the national news from what I hear.

You DID make the news out here last night. Our weather nerd apparently lived in the area and got off on a 20 second description of the effect while the anchors just looked at him like he was some kind of witch doctor.

Out here, snow's a novelty. I talk about growing up in MN and the 4' drifts we saw and they get all giddy. I tell 'em how much snow really does suck and they look like I kicked their puppy. They actually seek out bad weather up in the mountains ... it's crazy. They can't drive in a small rain shower much less an ice storm. :)

I'll take 'em over what's snew... any day of the year :)

Used to live in Rochester, I can feel your pain!

Moved to Philadelphia, still had snow

Now we're in Florida, no snow but what the hay, just so we aren't bored we get a hurrican now and then! :rofl: :rofl:

Guess you're going to have weather where ever you live.

Jay

Hey Ned, Looks like you're getting the whole lake! Save some for the fish:D

We don't get much in this part of NM. Most folks don't even have a snow shovel. When we got an actual snow storm last month, the hardware stores sold out right away. A friend of ours sent her teenage boys out with dustpans to "shovel" the sidewalk of 15 inches of snow:rofl:

Saw a lot of coverage about Oswego this morning on the weather channel (MTV for old people). Gotta tell ya, been a real long time since Boise saw that much snow!

Hi Ned :wave:
Those are some beautiful pictures. I was raised in Indiana, those could be pictures of home.
I'm here to tell you though, they look much better sitting here in my Florida living room with the windows open and my sleeves rolled up. :rofl:

Although I'll admit, I'll never get use to hanging christmas lights on palmetto bushes. :rolleyes:

Don

122"!

just for fun watched the weather report; the town of redfield, which is north of Oneida Lake (I live on the south shore of Oneida lake) reported 122"of snow since last saturday when this 'event' started.

we've got roughly a foot or so in our yard, once it all packs down.
I didn't really look at those pics until you said how they looked nice Don. I'm impressed with my 'new' digi camera, quite the depth of field, eh?

You DID make the news out here last night. Our weather nerd apparently lived in the area and got off on a 20 second description of the effect while the anchors just looked at him like he was some kind of witch doctor.

Out here, snow's a novelty. I talk about growing up in MN and the 4' drifts we saw and they get all giddy. I tell 'em how much snow really does suck and they look like I kicked their puppy. They actually seek out bad weather up in the mountains ... it's crazy. They can't drive in a small rain shower much less an ice storm. :)

I'll take 'em over what's snew... any day of the year :)

Jason,
about 15 yrs ago, I was out on the left coast for work, living out of a 27' 5th wheel trailer. I was in Reno one weekend for work, and Donner pass was closed in due to snow. I didn't mind, as I had appts sun/mon/tue, then wednesday I needed to be down in the bay area. Well, CALDOT was enforcing their chain law when I got to the summit. I had a 4x2 truck with pretty new and very aggressive ATX radials on. They took one look at my NY plates, with the truck and trailer and just waved me on through. I took it easy and walked right over the pass, and on down to the coast with no issues. THe looks I got from the locals though, you'd have thought I had run over their car with my rig! the truckers all were laughing as I calmly drove past several chained up cars in the ditch.

I can shovel quite nicely thanks. I'll take that vs tremblors or himmicanes any day.

Frank,
i'm having 'fun' this winter. I was going to put my next paycheck into a set of ATX radials, but the next check is the "Last" check, so I'm going to save my dough and just limp awhile with the stock rubber on my sonoma awhile longer.

thankfully I"m getting very good at 4 wheel drift through corners. Between pulling nascar style drifts through turns, and having ABS, I'm surviving, AND having fun at the same time.

Here here!! Besides next summer when the southerners are complaining about the electric bill from having to air condition there shops we can laugh at them :rofl:

You sure got us there Robert. :(
If I could have the money in pocket that it cost to keep the shop bareable in the summer I could go to the toy store much more often. ;)

Don