Superficial Spreading Melanoma.....?

I think most of us were in the pre-sunscreen generation. If you wore anything it was suntan lotion to promote tanning. Thankfully I missed the time period of my older sister and her friends that would use baby oil with iodine in it to tan (ick). They looked pretty goofy.

Sharon i had crazy friends that would use brake fluid.:eek:

Things sure have changed. Just compare teeth. My son has yet to have a filling, broken bone or serious sunburn. I dont think he is living.:rofl::rofl:

Stu sorry to hear this news, when did you spend so much time in the sun as to cause them. Had a friend that had one on his head removed now he wears a cap.

I am sorry that this has happened!

I will be praying for comfort/peace of mind for you and that the care givers will restore you to complete and good health.

Paul

Caught a bit unaware...

Went to the dermatologist this morning, expecting to get one growth biopsied - instead, I got three!

So, now I'm waiting till late next week to get the results of today's biopsies, with possible surgery(s) to follow later next month.

Oh Joy!

I also had five pre-cancerous lesions frozen off.

Went to the dermatologist this morning, expecting to get one growth biopsied - instead, I got three!

So, now I'm waiting till late next week to get the results of today's biopsies, with possible surgery(s) to follow later next month.

Oh Joy!

I also had five pre-cancerous lesions frozen off.

so do you have any ears left jim:) humor helps the day go bye they say:):rofl:

hope they come back clear..:thumb:

My grandmother, stepmother and an uncle have been through this. My stepmother's last experience was in early September--she has had several. There have been no positive test results. As others have said, catching it early is significant. As with your wife earlier, you and your medical team will be in my prayer.

Went to the dermatologist this morning, expecting to get one growth biopsied - instead, I got three!...

Got the biopsy results this morning. Two of the three were positive - one on my forehead, and one on my scalp. Surgeries are scheduled for November 8th. Mohs technique for both, so I'll be in the doctor's office for 4~6 hours.

What fun!...NOT! :mad:

I'm really sorry to hear that Jim.

I'm getting ready to go in next Wednesday, it is an out patient deal, as I'm sure you know, but we are still worried about, as it is on my back, and I won't be able to lift stuff, and Emiko has a bad back :(

Because they are positive, you will get them removed, but do you have to do anything else for this? Will removable be enough?

Hope you recover quickly.

Stu

...Because they are positive, you will get them removed, but do you have to do anything else for this? Will removable be enough?...

Stu

Just removal is enough, so long as the margins are all clear. It usually means that a 10mm spot becomes a relatively deep cut out 'dish', 20mm (or more) in diameter, with a few stitches to close. Not really a bad, or even very painful, procedure. Just an inconvenience.

I thought these would be 10 & 11, but the doctor said it's actually 13 & 14. Guess I've had so many that I lost count. :D

No big deal - it's just that they mess up my pretty face... :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
No big deal - it's just that they mess up my pretty face... :rofl: :rofl:

Based on your avatar, as long as you don't shave, it won't be noticeable!! :eek::doh::rolleyes::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Dad has had a batch it seems the last three summers, inconvenience, one the margins didn't come back clear so he goes back this Wed. and they will just cut more out! He's a tough ole bird, he'll do fine. Here's prayers for all of you going through this though!!