Anyone ever tried these interested in testing them?

Rob Keeble

Woodcraft has a special right now on brad point bits with free shipping in the USA.

Has anyone ever tried these bits ? Are they any good?

Would there by chance be 5 guys willing to give em a try and share the cost. With 5 in a buying party we would each get a min of 1 and in some cases 2 drill bits for each size listed. Would work out to around $8 bucks plus shipping and pay pal costs between us.

If you interested holler i would like to try them but dont want $40 dollars worth.

I haven't used those specific bits, but have used that type/style of bit, the point does eliminate a lot of begining wandering. I would be in.
Hey there is another thingy, you know, the Bart Leetch thingy! Is that his ticket and he is in already?? :rolleyes::rofl::rofl: You know, the drill guide/size plastic thingy!! :D:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have a similar (same box style and also brad point bits) set that was on sale at Rockler for a bit less but, not TIN. The sizes are reasonably accurate and the bit quality is better than I would expect from 170 bits at about half the cost of a good set of 7. There are certainly the scattering of really wonky ones but, what do you expect.

I am glad to have them and use them with some degree of confidence. I do use my better bits for things that matter like the clearance holes for square pegs and other holes that will draw attention. For general drilling and no-show holes I have no problem with them at all. For the price, if I didn't already have them, I would probably get them.

the shipping alone is gonna be around 15 bucks jonathan,, i was looking at it but its gonna cost more than just getting some of them for yoursefl i tithink from canada..not tryun to deflate you rob but i have sent some things to canada and it isnt cheap..

Hey there is another thingy, you know, the Bart Leetch thingy! Is that his ticket and he is in already?? :rolleyes::rofl::rofl: You know, the drill guide/size plastic thingy!! :D:rofl::rofl::rofl:

All spaghetti sizers aside... I have a returned set from Grizzly in a nice metal index they are not the best but not to bad they do the job I think I paid maybe $10-$12 for the set I replace them 1 at a time as needed. I've had them 5-7 years & replaced 1 bit & need 1 small one now.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Deluxe-Brad-Point-Bit-25-pc-Set/G1835

The Woodcraft bits look like they may be a better quality bit.

Last edited:
I've used cheap brad point bits. Didn't like them and got rid of them. A set of LV HSS brad points will cost a little more than the 170, but I bet overall it'll be a better long term value, between quality and durability.

Your idea Rob, to share the purchase is a good one. At least it spreads the risk of a poor buy among several, and you won't be stuck with 169 new bits you don't like.

Ken and Glenn i will bow to your wisdom. Never for one minute thought the size would be iffy.

Sorry guys i am calling this one off. I had enough with junky tools thats why i asked. Good ole saying, if it looks too good its probably junk.

Thanks all for the input. I wanted some decent brads for a reason, Normal hss drill bits dont neccessary make round holes in wood and wander.

Lee Valley it is for me.:):thumb:

Phew saved again......priceless.:rofl:

Thanks Cynthia, i do have some already appreciate the offer though. These were just what looked like a deal to good to be true and from what i am gathering they are. I will stick with LV i know for things like this i cannot go wrong there.:)

Why mess with that junk? :D :dunno:

I have a set of LV ones that are very sweet, for general use I have regular twist drills, that I can sharpen on my Drill Doctor :thumb:

Just my opinion ;) :wave: