For those that produce goods for a living a little puzzle to get you going....

I had no idea you wanted to get into it that deep. I thought the question was about accounting so I looked at the numbers. I didn't post them because I wanted to see if anyone would look at the bottom line and it doesn't look like any did. But unless I missed something here is what I saw.

Your currently making $1,000 (+/-)

If you made 20 more at the 30% discount you going to make $1,400 or a 40% increase in profit.
That's is a good increase for 20% increase in production.

If you went with the 10% discount you looking at $1,800 profit or an 80% increase. Who wouldn't do that?

Given your question I would have taken the orders in heart beat! But in the real world of course there is much more to it and much more to be considered. But you didn't ask those questions. ;)

Now I am going to going to the Shop and fill an order I just received. :p

I cannot discuss any details and will not for personal reasons, but my business is being purchased by a mega corporation.
When the corporate team came in today to rip through my records and everything that was close and dear to me for 33 years, one of the operations persons came over to me on a break and said, wow, its amazing you survived all these years with all the big chain stores and service centers around here.
I looked at him, and responded, no, its amazing you guys survived all these years with me around here.
It got a smile from 2 of them, and I couldnt thank them and other chains enough for supporting my business all those years.
They brought the people out of the woodworking for me, didnt cost me anything, they helped my business skyrocket the past decade.
And now that my health has become an issue, they are paying me a fair and hefty price to retire..4 days left.