Need to make a "Brown" Pen

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
So, took my truck in last week to get ready for a road trip. Told the Service Manager to give it the once over and let me know what it needed. Got it back last Friday, but didn't drive it again until today. Took it for a trip to the mail box. Total round trip of about 4 miles.

Just about got to the mail box when I heard a loud "PING" from the front left wheel, and then something that sounded like a chain dragging (Maybe something rattling around in the wheel) and then a loud grinding and the truck pulling to the left.

Just glad it happend today and not when I am 200 miles from the nearest service station...

Anywhoo, to get this woodworking related, My UPS driver saw me on the side of the road, and thought he would save himself a drive up to my house as he had a package for me. I told him about my predicament and asked if he could just deliver the package to my house and let Sharon know what was wrong, as I had left my cell phone at home. He's a nice guy and said sure. We usually have a bit of a chat everytime he delivers things and I just thought I'd make him a pen. I know it's his job to deliver things, but he saved me a long walk. So I figure I'll make him a pen.

I'm trying to decide between a generic dark wood, or a brown woodland camo polyester pen... What do you think?

When it's planes in the sky for a chain of supply, that's logistics
When the parts for the line come precisely on time, that's logistics
A continuous link that is always in sync, that's logistics
Carbon footprint reduced bottom line gets a boost, that's logistics
With new ways to compete there'll be cheers on Wall Street, that's logistics
When technology knows right where everything goes, that's logistics
Bells will ring, ring-a-ding, ring-a-ding, ring-a-ding, that's logistics
There will be no more stress 'cause you've called UPS, that's logistics

Sorry Brent, Brown has moved on. May want to get a new BFF :rofl::rofl::rofl:

oh-snap-chart-.jpg

Sharon, you slay me.

Brent, you poor, poor man.
headpat.gif

BTW, figured walnut is always nice for pens. If your Brown Buddy is a hunter or outdoorsy kinda guy, then the camo would be very cool, too.

Either way, it will make his day when you hand it to him! Made a pen for my mailman, he left a nice thank you. Didn't want to give him a pen every year so been buying standard fruit basket and stuff for the past couple of years. He asked one day if I quit making pens, said no, he says he looked forward to getting one each Christmas after the first one and hasn't gotten another! Guess what he is gonna get this year!!! :D:thumb:

No problems on the Hijak. I've got some walnut blanks out in the garage I think. If not, I've got some walnut boards I could make some out of.

Don't know why I didn't think of that, but then again, that's why I post here!

Vaughn McMillan said:
Brent, you poor, poor man.

It can get rough around here sometimes... :D :rofl: