LiveStrong.org Walk For Cancer

Stuart Ablett

Shameless plug here..... :D

I like LiveStrong.org, I think Lance Armstrong is an inspiration to cancer survivors, survivor's family members and to just anyone who needs to get off the couch and get active.

I'll be attending a LiveStrong.org Walk For Cancer here in Tokyo tomorrow, Saturday, October 2nd. I know it is late mentioning this, but if you can participate this year or next, it would be great.

Some great videos....

>> What are you on...?
<<

>> Enjoy The Weather <<

Cheers!

Today I met up with about 30 people at Hibiya park in Tokyo for the LiveStrong.org Walk for Cancer 2010.

This event is held every October 2nd, and this year there were events held in over 800 cities around the world!

It was a beautiful fall day here in Tokyo warm, but not hot, sunny, but a few clouds to give some relief too.

I am very enthused about this group, I love the whole "LiveStrong" message, that cancer is something we have to beat and if we can pool our resources worldwide, we can make progress.

I am going into the hospital on October 13th to have a suspect melanoma removed from my back, I'm hoping and praying it is NOT malignant, but if it is, i will deal with that as it comes.

livestrong_oct_2_2010_group1a.jpg
The start

livestrong_oct_2_2010_group2.jpg
Another group shot along the way

livestrong_oct_2_2010_group3.jpg
In front of Sakurada Gate

livestrong_oct_2_2010_group4.jpg
Yet another group shot

livestrong_oct_2_2010_bracelet1.jpg livestrong_oct_2_2010_bracelet2.jpg
The Yellow Silicon bracelets have become an icon of the LiveStrong.org organization

All in all it was a great day, I got in close to a 20km ride going there and back, and a good 4km long walk with the group. I met a bunch of very nice engaged people, I'll be taking part in other events with this group for sure.

You can check out the LiveStrong group at www.livestrong.org

Cheers!

Stu,

I participated in this year's Seattle Livestrong event and had a lot of fun in spite of miserable weather (temp in the 40's and steady rain wind around 20 mph). I'm the ugly guy in green. :eek:

Attachments

• Livestrong web sized.jpg
    Livestrong web sized.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 8