Road trip needed...

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
...for a couple of short logs (4+ feet each, 7-8" dia and 11-12" dia). :rolleyes:

I was hoping some snow birds that migrate from the Midwest (Indiana) to the Southwest (Arizona) might have room for two hitchhiking chucks of lovely wood. :D

Or maybe there are some family members that will pass them along if a direct route isn't possible. :wave:

Don't know that this has been tried before, but, hey, with this family anything is possible. :thumb:

These are for spinny stuff and I am sure proper rewards are possible for participation in this cross-country tour de wood - for wood! Go figure! :rofl:

From Indiana to Arizona.

Sorry I wasn't clear. Guess I assumed most people knew snowbirds flew south in the winter. :rofl::rofl:
Looks like we sold our house in Indiana and I'll be moving my bride to Idaho in mid November. Coming across I-80 to Utah, then up I-84. I can drop them off anywhere along that route.

A few days too late...my parents just arrived in AZ yesterday. Spoke with them a little while ago and they said their friends from Indiana were already there too.

Thanks for the bump, Rennie. No you were the only one who responded thus far. What is your route back from the Midwest and the time frame? Maybe someone can hook up. I am willing to drive a few hundred miles north, like Salt Lake, maybe.

If all goes according to plan.....:rofl:

I'll be leaving Elkhart on the morning of 11/19. From there I have stops in Des Moines (11/19) and Palmer, IA (11/20). Then down to Lincoln, NE (11/20), Loveland, CO, (11/21) Little America, WY (11/22). My route will be along I-80 except for the detours in IA and CO. Over the mountains to Ogden where I pick up I-84 to Boise 11/23).

If I can meet up with anyone along the way to move your wood I'd be happy to do so. We're on a tight schedule, so I can't promise much social time (apologies to Rex, Jeff and his dad and any others in IA that I will not be able to meet up with on this trip) (though I might sneak a few minutes in the Woodsmith store:rolleyes:)

Last edited:
Thanks, Ray. You are a sweetie!

Hey Rennie, we may have something working here. I'll come to Ogden but I need to know when you are going to be there. Will I get to meet Mrs. Rennie?

Now we need a when and where in or around Ogden. And where Ray is to meet up with you in Elkhart. You too are a sweetie!

We have any family members around there?

Don't you just love this place? :thumb::thumb:

Thanks, Ray. You are a sweetie!

Hey Rennie, we may have something working here. I'll come to Ogden but I need to know when you are going to be there. Will I get to meet Mrs. Rennie?

Now we need a when and where in or around Ogden. And where Ray is to meet up with you in Elkhart. You too are a sweetie!

We have any family members around there?

Don't you just love this place? :thumb::thumb:
Nothing set in stone yet, we're waiting for the appraisal to come in. Right now the plan is for me to fly to Elkhart on 11/6. I'll be there packing until 11/12 at which time we fly to NY to celebrate my mom's 88th. I'll return to Elkhart on 11/16 for the final packing and closing. Mrs. Rennie and I leave for Idaho on the morning of 11/19.

I should arrive in Ogden about mid day on the 23rd. I'll be just passing through but could stop for a while to have lunch with a family member.:D

Kerry Burton lives in Orem, Curt Fuller in N. Ogden.

That would be cool. Anybody between Ogden and Arizona wanna get in on this visit? I will be leaving from Holbrook, AZ and driving north through the Navajo Reservation into Utah. I plan to leave Sunday after church.

Gonna make a stop in Provo at Craft Supplies on one end of this trip or the other. Hopefully going up. Would like to be back before Thanksgiving. There is an ecumenical Thanksgiving service for my people to attend, but I am not a part of it.

Nothing set in stone yet, we're waiting for the appraisal to come in. Right now the plan is for me to fly to Elkhart on 11/6. I'll be there packing until 11/12 at which time we fly to NY to celebrate my mom's 88th. I'll return to Elkhart on 11/16 for the final packing and closing. Mrs. Rennie and I leave for Idaho on the morning of 11/19.

I should arrive in Ogden about mid day on the 23rd. I'll be just passing through but could stop for a while to have lunch with a family member.:D

Kerry Burton lives in Orem, Curt Fuller in N. Ogden.

When your plans firm up send me an email and we will make arrangements to meet. You may want these early to put on the bottom.

Ray
wdwrkrry@gmail.com