Goodbye Summer, I hardly knew ye

Well, I think we took our last swim of the season, today. We had a nice Indian summer warm-up so had some good heat the last week or so out here in the West. Tonight and the rest of the week are predicted to bring on T-showers and colder temps.

Time to put the pool away for the winter. All kind of sad since we got no spring this year, we only had a few months of nice weather. Hopefully next year will be better.

Guess now we have no excuses for getting indoor projects done (including the table) :thumb::thumb:

Happy Fall, everyone :bliss::bliss:

It was too cold today to get a swim in here, only got up to about 63, but water was 72 yesterday and took a quick cold dip. The previous owner stopped by today to drop of all the pool paperwork he had as well as a few manuals for the appliances around the house. Had the number for the company they used to close and winterize the pool every year. Will be giving them a call this week.

It was too cold today to get a swim in here, only got up to about 63, but water was 72 yesterday and took a quick cold dip. The previous owner stopped by today to drop of all the pool paperwork he had as well as a few manuals for the appliances around the house. Had the number for the company they used to close and winterize the pool every year. Will be giving them a call this week.

Lucky for us, pool closing is just a cover over it (let it freeze a bit if it wants). Days were in the 90's (records for this time of year). Pool hit 82, so I said we we're going in. I think we'll drop to the 70's tomorrow and then it is the usual slide from there.

I'm confident about the table. My not mentioning it, will get 'er done :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sharon, do enjoy the variety of seasons in the same way that you enjoy the variety of friends you have. There will be more summers and pool times.
Can you imagine how boring would life be without those changes?

Sorry maybe I'm getting too philosophycal

Toni thats why i like the climate in Canada. We get a proper spring winter summer and autum (fall for the North Americans:D) I got tired of sunshine 27/7/365. It gets boring and when it snowed twice in 40 years we thought the sky was falling.:rofl::rofl:

Toni and Rob - Know what you mean by the change of seasons.

Grew up in Barstow (no comments from the peanut gallery :rofl::rofl::rofl:).

Lived in perfect San Luis Obispo during college. 13 years in LA. Then suddenly had the urge to move to Chicago until I realized I missed the change of seasons.

One year in Phoenix, then 13 years around Frisco before heading to Nevada.

I always said, "Why live in snow, when you can just visit it". But the last few years, I actually enjoy living in it (albeit we have a minor amount compared to you easterners).

Still feel cheated out of spring, though.

Today we closed the pool and put the winter cover over it. :(

Then we went for dinner and on the way home I passed a PU truck with a snow plow mounted on the front and a salt spreader on the back... :(

Then, to top it off, when we came in the house, I smelled that scent when the heat first kicks on... OMG :eek: Is winter closing in?

Toni and Rob - Know what you mean by the change of seasons.
I actually enjoy living in it (albeit we have a minor amount compared to you easterners).

Still feel cheated out of spring, though.

Don't include me on that Sharon, I live by the mediterranean sea, so we have snow every 4 to 10 years and it lasts only a day or two at the most if it lasts at all.

BTW I look forward to see that table.:thumb::thumb:

I just put our heater on for the first time. I could barely move my hands. So the big w is on it way.:D and hockey has started.

And the Redskins beat the Eagles making me very happy because my sons an Eagles fan.