thankyou harbor freight?

HF tools are definitely all about research. I can't say I've been disappointed with any of my purchases except for the black and orange reversible clamps. Many very highly rated items there, including the drill presses, air compressors and etc. The router bits I bought there have more than paid for themselves. The biscuit joiner is very good, with the possible exception of the fence. The clamps have been mostly great.

I've gotten so much from that store that I wouldn't have bought otherwise, and can't say I have any regrets over any of my purchases.

My Harbor Freight confession - one is located about a 20 minute walk from where I work. For at least the past year or two, about twice a week, a buddy and I walk over there during our lunch hour for "exercise". As a result of using their free coupons, I now have over 60 little flashlights, about 10 pairs of scissors, 5 or 6 sets of screw drivers and more than a few multimeters sitting in my desk drawer. :eek: The lady who usually waits on us is nice and has reassured me on the occasions which didn't buy something that between my buddy and I, Harbor Freight is still way ahead on the deal. :rolleyes:

So Peter what you waiting for Xmas to give them out as presents or you gonna save em for antique roadshow.:rofl: You should ask them if they will take em as payment on some other tool you want.;)

Went there today to pick up a bike rack that fits into the hitch receiver on my truck - at $39 it's half the price of any other I've seen - and for the amount of use I will give it, more than sufficient. However - while I was there - I spied these and picked up a pair @ $9 each. Just the thing for small panel glue ups. My smallest up till today were 24" and a real pain to use on small panels. These will work out just fine.
image_6394.jpg

Rennie I picked up a bunch like that but longer from Lee Valley on a special buy. Got 10 for $60.

In a short version like yours i think they will be great but in a long version they start to do all sorts of things when you apply pressure.

What i notice is the difference between your one and my type and the ones made by Jorgenson is the number of fastner rivets in the fixed part of the front jaw. You will note there is only one rivet securing this end. Mine are like that two and the aluminum allows movement of that jaw which goes all the way through to the working surface.

If you can see if its possible on the HF one to get another hole drilled through that front end and put another rivet in. On mine its not possible but i figured for the price what the heck.

Just my opinion but i would not buy mine again. I took the bait on the cheap bundle special buy. But mine are long ones i think one set is around 30 inches the other around 40. At this length the cheap aluminum also bows bends and what have you when you apply much clamping pressure.