Pen Monday

Jim Burr

Used up all my work pens so I guess I needed more! My first Aero, I kinda like 'em, LOML was less than thrilled. A co-worker had asked for one with Dodger colors :huh::eek: Sea foam Acryalic. My daughters purple Cigar and a Coffee bean Cigar so I'd smell nice :rofl:. No finish on the plastics and CA x4 on the coffee. :type:

Attachments

• blue.jpg
    blue.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 39
  • purple.jpg
    purple.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 39
  • coffee.jpg
    coffee.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 37
The first one, I really like the looks and feel of that pen. But in my pocket, they are to top heavy. The clip needs to be closer to the top somehow so they don't "fold over" my pocket. I still put three coats of the white HUT bar on my plastic pens. Like the "feel" of it I guess. Those are very nice pens. I have never turned any of the coffee bean, when you cut the bean and then sand, is there any noticeable difference?

It's kinda funny Jon, 'cause all of us at work have sleeve pen pockets on our scrub tops or we don't get that feeling ;):p. But I totally agree the the clip should be closer to the top. Coffee is ok...the beans are fragile and fracture on weird linear points, but keep the CA handy and tools sharp and it's fun..and the smell!!!!! I sell loads at one of our Farmers Market :D
Going to hit Alan up for more soon!

Those are three nice pens. I just gotta break down and make one of those coffee bean ones.

The thing I don't care for on the first kit is there is too much pen kit and not enough blank. I rarely make those kits or the ones of that style because I like to look at the blank, not metal or black plastic. I am difinantly in the minority in this opinion because they are a very popular kit.