The mallards have landed

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
A while back, we talked about the upcoming winter.

Migrating ducks and geese winter on the pond behind my house. Today, I saw the mallards for the first time.

You folks up north getting cold yet?

Get the shotgun, it is supper time!!!!!! :D:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Not bad, 28 degrees above this morning. :doh:Should have finished knocking that hornet's nest down!:doh:

68-69 degrees today. Great outside working weather.

Carol

It got down to 64 last night....and the wife and I had to break out the blankets!

Getting cold out by you?

We are in the 50's at night and 60's during the day, it's just now starting to feel like hunting season. In fact I plan to put a nice tended yearling in the freezer this evening.

I had to put the heater on yesterday for the first time since last winter. Hands were frozen and thats indoors.:eek:

Our Thanksgiving is this weekend and i am going camping as i normally do on thanksgiving, so i will have to bundle up.:)

I'll let you know when the geese arrive. If you all have a cold winter, my pond won't be big enough!

I better lay in a supply of corn. I'm a sucker. I feed them. They are beautiful.

Cold?....maybe by the wifes standards we are....

But about ducks.....

I'd really like to shoot a nice mallard, thats one duck I want mounted and on the wall.....the other is a wood duck.

I got a redhead (duck)on the wall, the taxidermist did a lousy job on.....I want to put it out in the barn to hide it, wife said I paid good money for it and it stays in the house.....durn thing is ugly.