New boat.....

Steve Ash

Back in 1994 I bought a new Sylvan 16' boat....my wife and kids love to fish so it was a great new purchase for the Ash family.....3 years later I was forced to sell this "new" boat to come up with quick cash to buy the current 30 acres I reside.....I really hated to sell that boat and made a promise to myself, wife and kids that someday I'd own another at least as good or,....maybe better.

Time passed, bills needed to be paid, and I just never got enough extra $$$$ to buy that boat I promised the family.

Well, I was lucky enough to get some contracts with an insurance company for a recent disaster in our area (hailstorm) and when the dust all settled and bills got paid, I ponied up to a promise I made the family and bought a new (to us) boat.....now the kids are now grown, but we still get together to enjoy the boat.

Named after our daughter (deceased)
003-7.jpg

012.jpg

Who else has boats and how do you use them?

Looks like a sweet boat!

I grew up in a town that is dominated by a large lake, we never had a boat, as my mother gets seasick looking at a boat, but lots of friends and other family members had boats. Spent a lot of fun times on the water! :thumb:

Good for you and your family Steve! :D

Sweet Steve:thumb: as long as you have the time to use it , they are a blast. We have had ours for 4 years and just didn't have the time this year, hopefully next year will be better. I mainly use mine to beat my SIL up on the tube:D:rofl::rofl::rofl:. Good to see ya again:wave:

Attachments

• Boat 2 (600 x 450).jpg
    Boat 2 (600 x 450).jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Boat (600 x 450).jpg
    Boat (600 x 450).jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 32
That is SWEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice boat and great job on getting another boat that looks like it has good times all over it!!! :thumb::thumb: We currently have two, don't have any pictures:dunno::huh:. Will try to rectify that this weekend. :)

I mainly use mine to beat my SIL up on the tube:D:rofl::rofl::rofl:.

Speaking of tubes, in addition to fishing equiptment the boat came with a set of O'Brien skis and a tube. My sons used the tube (even grandson Aiden with the aide of his daddy did) is there different levels of tubes? .....beginner/advanced? :dunno:

Speaking of tubes, in addition to fishing equiptment the boat came with a set of O'Brien skis and a tube. My sons used the tube (even grandson Aiden with the aide of his daddy did) is there different levels of tubes? .....beginner/advanced? :dunno:

I don't know about beginner/advanced but thinner ones are easier to use due to the lower center of gravity. seems the youngin's can get on most any of them in open water, but adults have a harder time getting on thicker ones. Mine is an Obrien tube, a thick one. I do like it as I can really throw my SIL in the turns:D Lots of neat ones:thumb: that you can sit in which are good for the kids

That's a nice looking boat...I don't have one now and probably won't get another... my last boat was about 20 years ago... my business partner wanted to buy a new one and gave me his old one... it was a 16' Glastron Tri-hull with an 85 HP Johnson. Needed a lot of work as the flooring was rotted away and motor wiring was in need of replacement. I put new flooring and seats and replaced the power pack twice... finally gave it to a guy that worked for me in Dallas... if we were to get another, I like the looks of a small pontoon... need something that my wife could walk around on easier...

I have 2 kayaks and a canoe-does that count?

Nice boat and I hope you have a lot of good times with it. Nice honor for your daughter. Sorry she does not get to be with you.

Congrats, Steve. You deserve a little reward after all your recent work.

...the boat came with a set of O'Brien skis...

Back when I was in high school, I had a buddy who worked in a small sporting goods shop that sold O'Brien skis. His folks owned a nice "family" style boat with a well-tuned 200 hp Mercury outboard. Sort of like a family car with a souped-up hemi in it. They'd let a gang of about 4 or 5 of us boys take the boat to the lake for long weekends. We'd also take several high-end demo slalom skis from the shop, mostly for our own use, but we'd also let other skiers try them out. One of these "demo" customers was pretty proud of his skiing abilities, so he insisted on taking off from the shore in ankle deep water in order to show off to his friends. I'm guessing he underestimated the quickness of that big family cruiser boat off the line. He yelled "hit it", and before he could do the little jump to get the ski off the bottom of the lake, that boat yanked him head-first out of the ski and alligatored him for 100 feet or so before he had the presence of mind to let go of the rope. The ski moved about 3 feet. He decided to take off from deeper water after that. :D