color me confused

Frank Fusco

Over a year ago I tore my left rotator and went to the local VA doc. He referred me to the big VA hospital in Little Rock, Arkansas. X-rays, MRIs, examinations and several visits followed. I was told I would get the surgery but someday way-way in the future because of a big backlog for this type of surgery.
After a year, I got a consult at the Fayetteville, Arkansas VA hospital with another bone cutter. He told me, for several reasons, the surgery could not be done. Naturally, I was very upset.
Minutes ago, I got a call from the LR hospital telling me that due to a cancellation I could have the surgery this Friday. Meaning, I go to Little Rock tomorrow for pre-op work up, surgery Friday and come home Saturday.
I either won't be around here for a while, or if I am will be talking like I'm on drugs. ;) And typing one handed at that.

Best of luck, Frank. That surgery can be painful, but I'm told the Physical Therapy afterward is the worst part!

Remember, Vicodin is your friend! :D:eek:

Frank I'll be praying for ya buddy. I have had 4 shoulder surgery's. 2
on each and the left will need replacement someday, wish it were sooner then later. But to tell ya, it's not a bad surgery. You just need to do the re-hab. You do not want to have the shoulder lock up and lose range of motion and then have to go through 6 months of re-hab to get in un-froze. Very painfull. The drugs are good but after 2-3 days 3 Aleive at night works OK.
You should be good for action is 2 months.

BTW when they tell you they have not put the sleeping potion to work yet..........don't believe them, they lie LOL

Frank I'll be praying for ya buddy. I have had 4 shoulder surgery's. 2
on each and the left will need replacement someday, wish it were sooner then later. But to tell ya, it's not a bad surgery. You just need to do the re-hab. You do not want to have the shoulder lock up and lose range of motion and then have to go through 6 months of re-hab to get in un-froze. Very painfull. The drugs are good but after 2-3 days 3 Aleive at night works OK.
You should be good for action is 2 months.

BTW when they tell you they have not put the sleeping potion to work yet..........don't believe them, they lie LOL

My son, the doctor, had the surgery a few years ago. He completely ignored the rehab instructions and even resumed martial arts training. Guess wat? Tore 'em up but good again. Back for more extensive surgery and this time he obeyed his doctors instructions.
I have a friend who is a therapist. He will do my torture routines. :eek: VA doesn't do the therapy or pay for it but I have Medicare and a supplement to pay friend arm twister.
At least, right now, I'm hopeful one day I'll be able to lift my rifles again.
I know about the anesthesia. A cute nurse engages you in conversation and soon you are just dreaming about her. :rolleyes:

Best to you for a speedy recovery Frank. :thumb: I'm having the same surgery on the 14th of this month. Not looking forward to the immobility but don't have any choice. Old age is a pain in the patoot....especially this early in life.

I had my right shoulder done 3 years ago. I supposed to have my left one done but I would rather live with the pain.
Recovery and PT is miserable. But I do have to admit my right shoulder is much better.

My son, the doctor, had the surgery a few years ago. He completely ignored the rehab instructions and even resumed martial arts training. Guess wat? Tore 'em up but good again. Back for more extensive surgery and this time he obeyed his doctors instructions.
I have a friend who is a therapist. He will do my torture routines. :eek: VA doesn't do the therapy or pay for it but I have Medicare and a supplement to pay friend arm twister.
At least, right now, I'm hopeful one day I'll be able to lift my rifles again.
I know about the anesthesia. A cute nurse engages you in conversation and soon you are just dreaming about her. :rolleyes:

After all my surgeries I still can seem to remember any dream land. It's lights out and lights on. I wounder how the doc's ever seem to get anything done that quick LOL It's all in the taiste.
One thing I always did was use the head board to the bed to stretch my arm on at night. Seemed anything I I could hold on to to create a little torque would help me get my range of motion back.
Good luck to ya.

Frank I'm sure it will go well and you'll be shooting very soon. :thumb:

From experience, even if you think you don't need another painkiller the day after surgery, stick to the drug plan the docs give you....you'll regret it if you don't. DAMHIKT

Hey, Good luck with the Surgery. Be good to see you getting back out with your muzzleloaders at the re-enactments!

Best of success on the surgery, Frank. May it go as smoothly and painlessly as possible.

BTW, do you want me to tell our trapeze coach you won't be in class next week? ;)

Good luck Frank... know about the knock out drops... I've had surgery two or three times in the life.. each time I've asked how long before the anesthesia will take to take effect.. I've never heard the answers..:rofl:. never had shoulder or any joint surgery yet, but the wife had hip surgery about a year ago... total replacement.. it has been fantastic for her... she could hardly walk before the surgery and now she can out walk me. :D