My Wife...Always Helping

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Recently I've been dealing with someone on the phone who talks a lot. I mean a LOT. This guy goes off on more tangents than a trigonometry book and it's impossible to get a word in edgewise. Chronic interrupter, and he never gets to his point. Seriously, in nearly 3 hours on the phone with him, I think I've maybe completed three or four sentences. The only reason I've put up with any of it so far is he appears to want to spend a fair amount of money on wood stuff and wants me to do it.

Anyway, the first time he called me I was on the phone for 90 minutes with the guy, and when I finally was able to hang up, I was utterly speechless. I had a splitting headache. I couldn't even describe to LOML what it was the guy had been talking to me about. Wednesday night I was back on the phone with him, and at about the one hour mark in the conversation, I grabbed a spare phone handset and had LOML listen to this guy talk for a few minutes. She lasted for about five before she quietly hung up. When I finally got off the phone 20 minutes later, my loving and helpful wife had laid out some relief for me on the dining room table. You can see how much she really cares for me...

Headache Remedies 800.jpg

Advil, anti-anxiety meds, whiskey, and a loaded pistol. If that ain't love, what is? :wedding:

Vaughn, my wife is laughing and said, "my kind of woman!". :rofl::rofl:
Seriously, have dealt with a couple of people like this when training horses, they usually were a bust, hope that isn't what you find.
Good luck. Oh, uhm, thought you were in CA? That gun legal there??;):rofl:

Vaughn, my wife is laughing and said, "my kind of woman!". :rofl::rofl:
I gave her a high-five when I saw it. I laughed my tail off.

...Seriously, have dealt with a couple of people like this when training horses, they usually were a bust, hope that isn't what you find.
Good luck. Oh, uhm, thought you were in CA? That gun legal there??;):rofl:
Yeah, he reminds me of some of the "pie in the sky" people I used to run into in the music business. :rolleyes: I'm not holding out a lot of hope that it'll pan out, but it could.

And yeppers, the gun's legal...the clip doesn't hold more than 10 rounds. (We won't talk about some of the others, though.) :whistling:

And Paul, the Maker's Mark isn't mine...it's leftovers from the last time my BIL was here. I didn't know there was such a thing as good whiskey. I was always more of a beer guy myself. :p

Hilarious.

:blah::blah::blah::blah:

I've been on many conference calls with extreme bloviators that just don't know when to say when. Good thing I can't remember the combo to the gun safe when I'm agitated. Let's see, was that 2 or 3 turns to the left? It's totally a muscle memory thing any more and if I overthink it I can't get it open... :confused:

:rofl:

I've seen my wife lay down the phone when her mom calls and literally not pick it up for 10 minutes and she never knew she was gone. Could probably get away with that and save yourself the headache. ;)

You should use the gun to shoot him, that would end the pain for ever.:rofl:

More seriously, if that guy in two or three phone calls doens't get to the point of what he wants, I would say he's not interested, or just trying to wear you down to exhaustion so that you give him what he wants for peanuts.

Can you imagine arguing with him if he doesn't pay you promptly??:(

My mom would give one of us kids a dime to ring the doorbell.:rofl::rofl:

That's about the funniest thing I've read all week. :D

You should use the gun to shoot him, that would end the pain for ever.:rofl:

Except for the whole prison thing, of course. A whole new kind of pain. :p

More seriously, if that guy in two or three phone calls doens't get to the point of what he wants, I would say he's not interested, or just trying to wear you down to exhaustion so that you give him what he wants for peanuts.

Can you imagine arguing with him if he doesn't pay you promptly??:(

I know pretty much know what he wants...it's a display stand for a piece of artwork he has in mind. The dimensions are still kind of sketchy, and I'm not sure wood is the best medium for it, but I'm willing to try (so far). His biggest problem seems to be having too many ideas, and wanting to describe them all at once. And virtually none of the other ideas are related to the project at hand. :rolleyes: I don't get the impression that he's trying to snow me, though. He's just passionate about the world in general.

And in case anyone's wondering...he's pretty strongly against computers and the Internet, so he's not too likely to stumble upon this discussion. ;) Plus I'm sure he'd be willing to admit he likes to talk. :D

Hollow points or Full metal jackets?

Ever wonder if you just hung up how long someone would carry on before they realized there was nobody there.....I do that to my father in law occasionally.

Phone talker

Used to get a call from a factory rep. He talked just like the guy you are dealing with.

We used to just put the phone down and walk away and do something else. Every 10 - 15 minutes or so one of us would pick up the phone and say "sounds good" then put it down again. This could go on easily for 1 or 2 hours.

I got to thinking about your comment on prison time..... Hummmm, lots of free time, most prisons have better wood shops than I could afford..... no bothering with phone calls....