A bit of a surprise......

Stuart Ablett

I had to check recently for our local turners club, a "When did you start turning" questions, I was surprised to look back and find out it was March 3rd 2006......... :eek:

Man, not even a year has gone by since I got that C-man lathe and started this..................hobby............???

Boy I've moved on from there, but I know I have a LOT left to learn!

The Dungeon is all swept and cleaned up for the magazine photo shoot tomorrow, now the big question............what to wear :eek: ;) :rofl:

Cheers!

Funny guys :rolleyes:

I wanted to buy a turning smock, but my lovely wife looked at that and said "What.......$75...?? :eek: I can make that for $5 - $10 easy......"

I guess this is her revenge for me saying that all these years :rolleyes: :D

Cheers!

Definitely get a smock. I love mine, keeps those nasty chips from sticking to every part of my exposed body.

And also, what magazine article???

Yep Ken is pretty fast on the draw. Wouldn't be a pretty site wearing just a thong and turners smock.:rofl:

Sorry couldn't resist Stu. Hope the shoot goes well for you. What magazine?

I think I started about the same time Stu....

I'd be careful about your bride making you a smock...she might just make it a pink polka dotted apron with a lace fringe on the bottom....might go well with a thong though,...but please NO pictures. We'll just take your word for it on this one.:D

You guys just kill me :rofl:

Man, what a bunch! :thumb:

I'm going to get a smock, one of these days......:rolleyes:

The magazine is DoPa (Do it your self Papa) the largest DIY mag in Japan (has to be to fit me on it's pages............beat you all to that one ;) :D )

You can see a past article on me here DoPa <- summer of 2005, so a few things have changed in the Dungeon since then.....

This time around they are taking pics of me turning table legs, I'm worried sick about it, they only gave me four blanks and they want four legs :eek: ZERO room for error......:doh:

I did spiff up the joint a bit.......

spiff1.jpg

spiff2.jpg

spiff3.jpg

I'm for bed!

Cheers!

Hey Stu...my wife is Polish (really she is 1/2) and in Polish Dopa (Dupa)means ....derriere' (sp)...so maybe the thong thing is appropriate.:rofl:

I had this momentary brain flash of Stu.

Imagine this Stu in a pink sumo wrestlers outfit with a bit longer pink polka dotted turner smock with lace on the bottom edge. Stu accidentally drops the air hose & it hits the floor & is triggered poof up goes the smock. Instant non Marilyn Monroe non look alike.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :eek: :wave: :D

now the big question............what to wear :eek: ;) :rofl: Cheers!

Hey Stu, wear your Space Suit Respirator and tell them the oxygen is thin in the dungeon. :rofl:

Mine came yesterday. I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I'm looking forward to it.

Don

Stu, when you get to be a moviestar don't forget us.:( Today you're in a magizine tomorrow in a movie and then winning an oscar.:thumb: Maybe you can post the article on fw.

Good luck D Wood