Nuther Friday

Rehang the door to the shop now that it's painted, put up some trim in the dining area and start milling wood for the wainscoting. At long last I think I have the base and top proportions worked out for design "A" on the urns, so, I might just have the first prototype done this weekend.

Recovering from Wednesday shoulder surgery. Going to do nothing. Watch football and rest. Yes Don, I have pictures:eek:

maybe after Frank and Roger get theirs we can all post the "scope pictures".

Going to pickup a new to me JD 214 Saturday. Sounds like the guy is throwing in a snow blade for it too. As for the rest of the weekend...Oh where to start...

Need to stain and finish quarter round to put around the rooms that have new flooring. Need to trim out the entry way. Need to sand the kitchen wall where I patched after running tv cables. Need to cut down a kitchen cabinet and re-install it. Need to run a gas line to the kitchen. Need to replace the timing chain on the Tahoe and do a brake job. Need to get my wife's car ready for inspection. Need to start unpacking stuff stored in the shop and organize it. Need to clean out the garage.

Disclaimer: All items above will be over-ridden by my wife's list. :rolleyes:

Finish up the hardwood flooring today, help move a photography studio for a friend tomorrow and hopefully start installing cabs late Sat or Sun:thumb: Yes pics to follow on Sunday:rolleyes::). Well lunch is over back to the flooring the boss just said:p:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Going to my MIL's cabin bright and early tomorrow to clean up ice/snow damaged trees...have a few cold ones and brats on the fire and hopefully find some logs that I can take home to turn. Sunday I'm dreading it, but taking my daughter to a bday party at Chucky Cheese's...I can't stand that place, but she will have fun!

Going to take some of the grandkids to the pumpkin festival on Saturday. Sunday the wife and I are going to the Sandwich Fair. (not the food but the town it's in :D)
A little shop time here and there as well as some yard work.

Clean up the office after my 2 1/2 week long tax prep blitz. Mailed the last of it off to the CPA yesterday. Resolve not to spend a dime until I get the bill, both for her and the IRS! :eek: :eek:

Draw up plans for a design case, maybe get some cutting on it done. Put fresh batteries in the camera for the picture police. :thumb:

Learn to use a borrowed light meter to take readings for the purchase of a computer projector at church. :huh:

Prepare for Sunday, as per usual. :wave:

Last edited:
Working on the ductwork for the new Dust collector.....and building some blast gates. Oh....I almost forgot...Watching the Yankees win Game #3!!!:D

Still coasting after back surgery. Saw the doctor today and he says I can lift up to 10 lbs. No bending over or crawling on the floor. Shoulder surgery is scheduled for Oct. 14th. Anyway I'm rubbing out a shellac finish and getting ready for a lacquer final coat. Do what I can and quit when it starts to hurt.

the rest of my life its friday. I dont have to make weekend plans anymore.
IF I dont get to it tomorrow, theres the next day, or the next day, or maybe 4 days from now.

steve, hope you feel better. dont watch your boys over at lukeoil stadium, or whatever its called, the Peyton team, because with that banged up defense, your boys aint gonna win anything this year. I do think Manning might be one of the best quarterbacks that ever lived.(nor do I think his bro Eli is winning anything either)

Last edited:
Welcome to retirement Allen!!! Yer gonna like it. :thumb: The only thing I've found....get a calender so you know what day it is. Once you adjust to not having a work week it's pretty easy to forget whether it's Monday or Friday. Drives the wife nuts:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Started my weekend early today...well, not the fun part. LOML had a failed attempt Wed. at getting the port put in for the Chemo, so had to go to the hospital today to get it done. Got there at 11:00 am, got home at 6:30 pm.:( Man, my rear is tired.
Tomorrow, depending on how Glenna is feeling, she was given a ticket for a breast cancer meeting/luncheon for tomorrow, and would like to go, but if she feels up to it, I get to driver her. I'll come back home while she is there, then go back after her. My bet is she will stay in the recliner.;)
Will spend what time I get this weekend in the shop. Need to get the 4 pieces of baseboard up in the finishing room, then cut the next 2 and get them primed. I have 4 sheets of OSB to start doing the walls. Will go get more if I get those up and have more time.
Top priority will be watching the Rangers finish off the Rays. :thumb: Then wait for the match up with the Yankees. I can't wait!!!
Hope everyone has a great weekend! Jim.

My son Chris and I got the roof done on a new garage I am building for a customer (check it out on facebook, Steve Ash Construction ) after work, sent him with some cash for a couple of cold brews.....

Dinner and a movie with my bride of 31 years on Saturday.....

Fishing on Sundy morning till 2, then just enjoying the rest of the day boating with my oldest son, his wife and children till we feel like coming home. :thumb:

Not much variation in my schedule... today was Dianne's birthday and we took off for a drive and went to a craft show in Maryville and did some shopping at Hobby Lobby for her... she wanted a sharpener for her colored pencils so she could start some artwork... tomorrow I have another day at the Farmer's Market in Knoxville... Sunday think we're going to vegitate...watch some football... the Colts are playing KC so should be a good game... The Vols are playing Georgia tomorrow, but guess I'll miss that one...

started the weekend with beautiful wedding and friends in va and thenheaded to ,central va for a all day deer hunt. it is a beautiful fall day and i am enjoying the peac,e and quite of the woods except for the deer passsing through now and then its very peaceful sitting in thig old oak tree with the acorns dropping all around me.

My weekend started doing something I never do - I stayed up 'till 2:00 AM :eek: Friday night/Saturday morning to finish reading a silly book (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo). Now that it's the next morning, I'm paying the price.

Saturday - finish drywall-ing a closet in remodeled room this summer. Did I mention that I hate drywall-ing (or more accurately, tape and muding?)

Sunday - Tape and mud the aforementioned drywall and visit my widowed mom and brother (who lives with her).

Monday (mandatory work furlough day) - If it doesn't rain, in the AM go on a lumber run and in the PM a ride on my motorcycle. Also, probably do some work (that I'm technically not allowed to do due to the furlough situation... :eek:). If it rains, probably lay around and start reading "The Girl Who Played With Fire".

Last edited:
I'm doing a little picking up around the house . . . you know that building attached to my shop? Perils of bachelorhood; your whole house is like one big "room". CD's and videos are in the office, the den, the kitchen(?), the bedroom nightstands, the living room. Woodworking magazines appear in every possible place let alone all those catalogs we get. Books spilling out of the old plastic bookshelves I've been dragging around for years. Stereo system wires hanging here and there or running across the floor . . . amazing. This all became pertinent right after I scheduled the carpets to be cleaned this Monday. Where did all this stuff come from!?! I've only been here 5 years or so!?!