Did You Notice the New Mods?

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Since there hasn't been much said about it yet, I figured I'd thank all the recent candidates in the recent Moderator Election, welcome the newly-elected forum Moderators and offer a big "thanks for your service" to the outgoing Mods.

First, thanks to all the people who volunteered to run for the election. The list included a broad range of members, both new and old, and their willingness to step up and offer to help run the forum is greatly appreciated. To the volunteers who didn't get elected, don't let that stop you from running again in the future. We'd be glad to have you.

Next, congrats to these folks for being elected to the Mod Squad:

Bob Gibson

Frank Fusco

Stephen Bellinger

Steve Southwood

Cynthia White

Frank is back for another tour of duty, so he already knows the ropes. The other four are new to the Moderatin' business, but they've got five experienced Mods to help show them the ropes.

Lastly, a very big Thank You to these guys for their help as Mods over the past few years. These gents have been instrumental in guiding the forum during their tenure, and they will all be missed behind the scenes. (We'll still be seeing them around the forum, though.)

Jim Delaney

Larry Merlau

Rob Keeble

Tom Niemi

Tod Evans

These five guys will keep their Mod access for a few more days as the new crew gets a better feel for how things are done, but I think they've already started adjusting to "civilian" life again. :D

Again, many thanks to all of you for helping to steer this forum and keep it running. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

To those that are leaving office, thank you very much, it has been a smooth ride from my side of the computer and I greatly appreciate all you did to make it that way. This site stayed civil, helpful, warm, insightful as well as my #1 go to place daily. Thank you. :thumb::thumb:
For the new ones, see above. :rofl::rofl: Seriously, new mods, thanks for stepping up (and maybe stepping in it! :rofl:) I hope we all have a great time and do not create a bunch of situations/work for you. If I am ever a concern, a post or answer, feel free to pm me and tell me to straighten up! :thumb::thumb: Congratulations.
For those that ran and are not new mods, thanks for taking the chance and having the desire to help with this forum. :thumb:

Thanks for all the past efforts. Having served in the past I know it is not a cake-walk. Congrats to those coming in and I'm sure all at FWW will give you their support and assist in self moderating as much as they can.

What Don said +1

I also have to take a minute and thank all those that voted for me. There are not a lot of women in the forum, and I'm very grateful for the vote of confidence. This is a wonderful place, and I'll do whatever I can to fulfill my moderator duties with dedication, common sense, integrity and grace.

Cynthia :thumb:

Thanks to the outgoing Mods :clap:

Congrats to the new mods :thumb:

And thanks to all who put their hats in the ring :)

Also a big thank you to all who took the time to vote :D

This is a wonderful forum. I don't get to the computer every day...However, every day I get to it, I get to FWW.

I have sampled a few other forums. I cannot believe how bad some of them are. Our code and our moderators are what keep FWW such a great place to visit. I might get answers to questions other places, but why go there? I get my answers from pleasant people HERE.

Thank you all outgoing mods. Thank you for those who volunteered this time. And thank you new mods...may your road be smooth and fun.

Enjoy,

Jim

Thanks to all mods, past, present, and future.

I really like Cynthia's approach.

May you all serve with grace. And may those of being served, receive with grace and humbleness. We are incredibly fortunate to have such a great family to hang with!

Congratulations to all the new mods. I specifically am delighted that Cynthia got elected.:thumb: It says a lot about our place on the web and the people who hang here. As Stu said thanks to those who voted. This to me is the cornerstone of democracy. As a retiring mod i would like to thank all the other mods for their service in making this place as great as it is and a big vote of thanks to to the admins.:score:

Those that did not get elected this time, dont shy away there were only 5 spots to fill and someone had to fall outside the 5. In 6 months though there will be another opportunity to throw your hat in.

Congrats to all the new Mods.

I've (for the most part :D ) enjoyed my time as a Mod, but now I'm looking forward to returning to being 'just' a Member. I sure do feel like I'm leaving the Forum Moderation in very capable hands, too!

I've waited a while to reply to this. Thank you to all who voted, and I especially appreciate the kind words and support of Rob Keeble and Carol Reed.

A couple of weeks have gone by now, and I now have a better idea of what the job of the moderator is. Policy states that I may not discuss what goes on behind the moderator curtain. I would, however, like to say that it's harder than it looks, and it's more work than it appears to be. I'm trying to do a good job for you.

So I'd just like to say that this is a fabulous forum and unlike any other that I am familiar with. And the reason it's great to hang out here is because of the moderators and administrators who have been doing this job long before I got here. There are some mighty big shoes to fill.

So I thank you, and I salute them.