Tea Light Season is a coming.

Chas Jones

Just the latest of many form the Bits & Pieces collection in an effort to find some different shapes.

Attachments

• DSCN2167.JPG
    DSCN2167.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCN2168.JPG
    DSCN2168.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN2169.JPG
    DSCN2169.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 82
They all look real good from here, Chas. The beading on the last two pairs looks very clean. Are you using a beading tool, or are you simply a master of the skew?

As Pete mentioned I use a beading tool Vaughn, no way could I do those beads with a skew and get then that even with a skew in the few seconds the tool takes. Main problem is keeping a clean cut on the end grain especially with the spalted beech.
I wondered about the masking of the wood character Mohammad by it's not so bad when viewed in daylight, just trying to do something different to cater for differing tastes and customer choices rule.

Theres a few more plainer ones in the Bit Link below.

Put me in the camp that likes both of them. I like the beaded ones. I bet you could get a pretty neat 'beehive' shaped one with that beading tool...

Great looking tea lights. I like the first two the best they show off the grain better. I always wondered about using tea lights in wood, is there a problem of them catching on fire?:eek:

Great looking tea lights. I like the first two the best they show off the grain better. I always wondered about using tea lights in wood, is there a problem of them catching on fire?:eek:
I have seen scorching if used without protective insert Tom, I always use a Glass Insert, it does mean the hole has to be somewhat bigger but the extra peace of mind it gives makes up for it.
Actually the Glass inserts do add a measure of sparkle to them as they reflect the light, some of the Christmas ones I fit with ruby red glass.

Hi Chas.

Very nice looking lites. (May I steal your designs a bit?)

You use the glass inserts for the candles to set in, but are those the standard "Votive" lite glass recepticals? I would think they would have to be much shallower for the tea lite candles, no?

Can you show a picture of one of the empty glass, out of the wood, and also with a tea lite inserted? The depth has me wondering.

Sorry for the request, as I am sure you are quite busy.

Thanks in advance.

Aloha, Tony

Last edited:
Thanks Pete.

I guess I'll have to find someone in the mainland US (maybe CA) that can get some for me. They are not sold online.

I appreciate the link. Those are what I figured they would be. I'd have to check if they have red colored ones too.

Aloha, Tony

Approx 48mm dia X 23mm deep as Pete says from IKEA
I do have some slightly slimmer and thinner glass ones I pick up in Germany from the Christingle markets but they are silly prices and are more restricted in which brand of Tee Light they will accept.

Attachments

• DSCN2173.JPG
    DSCN2173.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 16
Thanks Chas. I will have a friend in CA check to see what's available at an IKEA store there. (No stores on the islands)

The pic was good. I take it the thicker glass ones are the IKEA units?

Aloha, Tony

Yes those are the IKEA version Tony, as you can see they are a little on the generous size for candle fit but it solves the problem of differing candle supplies, metric/imperial etc. A word of warning if anyone posts these, don't rely on the supplied retail packaging they need individual foam or similar interleaves between units, the glass is rather brittle and is prone to splintering in post if they are in contact with each other.