Anybody Watching the Mine Rescue in Chile?

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
I've had a window on my computer streaming video from the Chilean mine all afternoon. The video has just started getting interesting. Anyone else watching?

Well, watching the fox one right now and it looks like they sent another guy back down.

That takes some serious intestinal fortitude to go down into the mine to help those guys get out.

:thumb::thumb: 2 thumbs up to those guys that can do that. :thumb:

yeah, sounds more like a political speech from the el presidente.

Should be another guy back up in less than an hour though, right?

Very emotional. That 2nd guy was in very high spirits. Hard to believe they could convince him to lay on the stretcher to go to the hospital!

I don't understand, why do they keep sending people down ? If they need ballast put in a few rocks that can be unloaded on the other end ? :huh::dunno:

Don, the first guy down was a mine rescue expert, and the second guy was a paramedic. I read earlier that the mine rescue guy had already taken a trip about halfway down the hole to inspect the walls of the shaft.

Yeah, I think Vaughn is right. They're probably also not telling us that they may anticipate some chaos when there are just a couple left...they may need some order down there in case anyone panics.....they can't be in the best shape physically or mentally....the paramedic guy probably has some big shots of tranquilizer ready to go....