Elia Bizzarri on Woodwright's Shop

ken werner

Elia Bizzarri is a fine maker of Windsor chairs. I spent a week learning with him last winter. [Shown here: http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17775] Anyway, Elia sent me this announcement, which I thought I'd post here:

"Watch the shavings fly as I build a Continuous Arm Rocking Chair on two episodes of Roy Underhill's PBS show The Woodwright's Shop. I'll split a log, bend the back, carve the seat and - my favorite part - turn some chair legs on a beautiful 1920's vintage Barnes, Roy-powered lathe.

The episodes are expected to air in my area on November 6th and 13th, but local schedules will vary and election coverage may interfere.

Should you miss the shows on your five-foot digital television, they will eventually be available on your computer at www.pbs.org/woodwrightsshop/video/

Want to build such a chair yourself? Besides teaching at Roy Underhill's new Woodwright's School, I will be teaching a two-week class at The Center for Furniture Craftsmanship in Rockport, Maine on making the Continuous Arm Rocking Chair. Dates are July 19th-29th, 2011. Visit www.woodschool.org for more information."

Last edited: