Private Message Question

I have a terribly stupid question, but I figure, if I have it, others probably have it too.

When I go into my Inbox in Private Messages, I can't figure out how to send a new message other than *replying to* a message I already have..... So if I want to send a PM to say Vaughn, I have to find somewhere he has replied to a thread, then click on his name, and then I have the option to send him a PM. Is there an easier way?

Thanks,
cynthia

I have a terribly stupid question, but I figure, if I have it, others probably have it too.

When I go into my Inbox in Private Messages, I can't figure out how to send a new message other than *replying to* a message I already have..... So if I want to send a PM to say Vaughn, I have to find somewhere he has replied to a thread, then click on his name, and then I have the option to send him a PM. Is there an easier way?

Thanks,
cynthia
Cynthia not sure if there is a different way, as that's the way i do it also.:dunno:
Steve

Under your 'User CP', under 'Private Messages', there is a 'Send New Message' selection. Click that. In the recipient box of the screen presented, if you start to type the name, vBulletin will try to fill it in for you.

Untitled-1.jpg

Another alternative is to search for the member under the 'Member List' pull down along the top of the screen.

Untitled-3.jpg

Another is to go to the bottom of the home page; all online embers are listed there. If the person you are after is online you can click their name to get to their profile.

Untitled-2.jpg

The forum software is very good in many ways. Searching, message management and other functions are very poor. I also sometimes just Google (under the forum) the name and find a post by them and then click their name and select PM.

Untitled-4.jpg

Last edited:
Great question Cynthia, been hanging around waiting to see what the answers could be. Then Glenn steps up and so I follow his option of going under the User CP and lo and behold I find messages I never knew I had!! :eek::huh: Visitor messages must be different than PM's. :dunno: I never checked my user cp before. :eek::huh: Sorry to those of you that sent me messages that way! :dunno::huh::doh: Try to do better in the long run. :thumb::thumb:

Old dogs can learn new tricks:rofl::rofl::rofl: I have always gone to a members profile and sent a PM that way, using the user CP is sure a great short cut and will be using that feature for now on:thumb: Yet another great question Cynthia, ya had this old dog learn a new trick today:)