Changing Jig Saw Blade

You'all, I have this Bosch Jig Saw

http://www.rickswoodshopcreations.com/images/Tools/Recommended_Tools/Jigsaws/Bosch_1587AVS_Jigsaw_Large.jpg

And I'm having a really hard time changing the blade. I've read the instructions, turned the knob a few times counter-clockwise, etc., but it just seems locked in there......any ideas? I hate to break something or make it worse....it's really making me mad....:deadhorse: I won't mention any names, but someone used it to do I don't know what and the blade is all bent up....etc......I need to change that blade.....

You'all, I have this Bosch Jig Saw

http://www.rickswoodshopcreations.com/images/Tools/Recommended_Tools/Jigsaws/Bosch_1587AVS_Jigsaw_Large.jpg

And I'm having a really hard time changing the blade. I've read the instructions, turned the knob a few times counter-clockwise, etc., but it just seems locked in there......any ideas? I hate to break something or make it worse....it's really making me mad....:deadhorse: I won't mention any names, but someone used it to do I don't know what and the blade is all bent up....etc......I need to change that blade.....

Well I was going to tell you how , but from the picture I see they have changed it since my model....

Well I just went and looked at the online manual. The process is the same as mine even though the looks are different.
Pull the knob up. Loosen it 3-4 turns.
Now firmly grasp the blade and push upwards towards the saw then to get the tangs on the "T" blade clear of the latch(internal you can't see) then rotate the blade 90 degrees. You have to some times spring the blade enough to clear the grove in the roller before it will rotate. Then it will almost fall out.

You have to do the 9o degree rotation or it will never come out and you "Have" to push up as well as clear the grove to rotate the blade.

Are you getting the blade to rotate the 90 degrees. That "HAS to Happen" for the blade to come out...

Last edited:
You should be able to turn it three times and just push the blade further in and turn it 90 degrees to take it out. Thats what I do with mine. Just don't turn it more than three turns or you could have problems.:doh:

oh yea, I bought one of these a few years ago only cause it was much cheaper than the newer one. The new ones you just slide the level over and the blade pops out. The first couple times I used this one I couldnt figure it out either. OK so take the saw and pull the lever up and turn it clockwise until it wont go anymore. Feel how tight the blade is and it wont move. Then spin the top handle counter clockwise 4-5 turns and feel the blade again, it should be loose and you should be able to spin the blade 90 deg and pull it out. Then put the new blade in and turn it 90 deg and spin the top lever until its tight and lock it down.