Messed up Saturday

Jim Burr

After a total bad day that should have been a lot of fun; flight run to Phoenix (5 hours earlier than scheduled) and the loss of the best instruction day I could have hoped for...I wanted to make a real productive something from the new Monster and finish something else that I started a while ago.
Potpourri pot from Gum wood 1/4 wall 4x2.5 and rattle can lacquer. I didn't do anything to the inside. One little ridge and some shoulder practice, but I was real happy with how it turned out.
A birdhouse ornament from a really big stock of english walnut, dyed to match the season.
Except for the photos:rofl::rofl: Comments and Suggestions are really welcome!!

Attachments

• pot1.jpg
    pot1.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 59
  • pot2.jpg
    pot2.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 59
  • pot3.jpg
    pot3.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 56
  • birdhouse.jpg
    birdhouse.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
I love that hummingbird lid on the jar. Very cool.

Sweet job on the birdhouse!

Sorry about the messed up saturday, but it's nice to get something done in the shop though, eh? :thumb:

Bummer about the change in plans, but it looks like you took lemons and made lemonade, Jim. :thumb: The potpourri bowl and birdhouse both came out looking nice. Looks like you're getting the hang of the Mini Monster. ;) Did you try the Forstner bit trick?

Very nice turning. I just received an order of 5 potpourri lids to give a go at. Now I have to go to the firewood pile and look for some wood. I like the birdhouse also. They are really fun and being cheap I like the fact they don't take much wood

Yup...I do that on salt boxes and oil lamps:thumb:, but when I watched Mike Mahoneys DVD on hollow forms, he had a cool way to start out, so I thought I'd give that a whirl. It's a challange, but also kinda fun to visualize what's happening on the inside:D