Handy Dandy Tip of the Day!

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
So, Just thought I'd throw this out there.

When you hook the hose up to your shop vac, make sure you know which hole is the inlet, and which hole is the outlet, cause if you hook it up the wrong way, and accidently have the hose pointing at your face, and then turn it on, you might get a very unpleasant surprise. :eek:

DAMHIKT :dunno: :stupid:

:rofl: :rofl: :D

I'm too smart for that. At least I can pretend to be now that there's a felt-tip marked arrow on one of the hose hook-ups . . . . I wonder why I put that there? Couldn't have been from experience :rofl:

I had been vacumming up some left over grout bits and stuff, so I got a bit of sand and other stuff in my eye. I'm still blinking! :huh:

You made me think of another dust collecter tip.

When empting a Jet DC1000 dust collecter that you have let get as full as possible, (hard to remove it from the dust collecter) (weight about 50 lbs) and you have the top bag off the dust collecter. DON'T -- I Repeat -- DO NOT turn the dust collecter on. If you do, you will cover everything in your shop with a deep covering of wood dust!:eek::eek::eek::eek::doh:

Bruce

Nope, it was with the full size big ole shop vac. And the last thing I had been vacumming was some grout off the fireplace... :D