Farm photos

These are three of the saddle horses I needed to haul hay to which created the project with Whitey the truck. KW is the appaloosa nearest us, his grandmother in the middle, Friendly, my old posse horse, 26 years old. Beside her, the buckskin, Bugger, Friendly's son. Three generations and the mare that started all of this is dead but was my 4H mare that I used in drill team, contested, roped, trail classed as well as placed second many times in Western Horsemanship. Thus the reason for raising get from her. No papers, but all heart, each and every one of them.
KW, Friendly, Bugger.JPG

It's late, will be updating this with more photos of things I photographed while doing chores the other night.

What I am trying to do is get away from the thumbnails and get the larger picture like Cynthia. Am using the paperclip icon to select the photos from my desktop, making them less than 150, then uploading them. Then going back to the paperclip icon and attaching them. But the size is still small. :huh::huh::dunno::dunno:

...What I am trying to do is get away from the thumbnails and get the larger picture like Cynthia. Am using the paperclip icon to select the photos from my desktop, making them less than 150, then uploading them. Then going back to the paperclip icon and attaching them. But the size is still small. :huh::huh::dunno::dunno:

Try this, Jon:

1. Upload the pics in their 800 pixel size, using the paperclip icon.

2. Write the text you want, and figure out where you want the pics to be within that text. (Don't put anything in those places yet, though.)

3. Click the Preview Post button to see the post. At the bottom of the preview, you'll see thumbnails for all the pics you uploaded.

4. Click on the first thumbnail. It will open the 800 pixel version of the photo in another window.

5. Right-click on the 800 pixel photo, and select Copy Image Location (or something similar, depending on the browser you're using).

6. Go back to your post (it's still shown below the preview pane) and put the cursor where you want the first pic to appear in the text.

7. Click the Insert Image icon (looks like a mountain and the moon). In the pop-up box that's displayed, right-click and select Paste. (Or even faster, just press <Ctrl>-V to paste the image location into the pop-up box.)

8. Click Submit Reply and marvel at your new skills. :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• In Case of Nothing to Do.jpg
    In Case of Nothing to Do.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 124
Cool Johnathan. Keep me sane put some more farm pics up.:thumb:

Vaughn thats a good one. In my shop i think the glass would be constantly broke. I often go in there just to putter around kinda gives my border guard something to do. Would not want his list on my activities to get too short.:rofl::rofl:

I am gonna pinch that one and blow it up and laminate it.:thumb:

Oh i dont think Glenn will be wanting a copy, he dont have any dust.:rofl:

I have copied those instructions.

Now I have a couple of questions.

"Upload the pics in their 800 pixel size"

Explain how to get to the 800 pixel size. I thought images had a pixel by pixel reference. Do you mean 800 x 800?

Second question: "using the paper clip icon"

I've been going down to "Manage Attachments to upload pictures. That's not right?

I have copied those instructions.

Now I have a couple of questions.

"Upload the pics in their 800 pixel size"

Explain how to get to the 800 pixel size. I thought images had a pixel by pixel reference. Do you mean 800 x 800?

Second question: "using the paper clip icon"

I've been going down to "Manage Attachments to upload pictures. That's not right?

By "800 pixel size", I mean the photo resized to whatever will fit within the 800 x 800 limit we have here. For most photos, that'll be either 800 x 600 or 600 x 800. I should have been more specific.

In the toolbar at the top of the box where we type our posts, there's a little icon that looks like a paperclip. It's just a shortcut to the Manage Attachments button. (The toolbar doesn't show up if you have the editing preferences in your profile set to "Basic Editor - A Simple Text Box".)

I hope this helps -

800 x 800?? I was convinced that it was 300 x 300 and I couldn't understand why my pictures were so small.:doh::pullhair::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Toni, you can't afford to do too much of that hair-pulling. :p

It's been 800 x 800 pretty much since the forum started. There's even a note about the size when you upload attachments:

attachment.php

Ah well, now you know. :thumb: We'll be looking forward to seeing bigger pics from you. :)

Attachments

• Attachment Sizes Annotated.JPG
    Attachment Sizes Annotated.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 51
Okay, test time. We'll see if this works. Also for Rob and those, here are this year's six yearlings. They go to the butcher 11-2-10. They have been a wild bunch (bull's fault) but have gotten tamer and should travel without getting dark on me. We didn't castrate all last year, didn't castrate any this year. In fact you will see one has horns yet. Without implants/growth hormones/feed additives, I don't want any more stress than mother nature puts on them. Here is a shot of one of two red Shorthorn cows we own along with this year's bull and then in the distance two of this year's calves.
attachment.php

This is "Wild Thing". This calf is a jumper, duck underer, runner, white eyed run with her eyes closed until she hits something. She has come a long way.
attachment.php

This would have made someone a very nice 4H calf.
attachment.php

Kind of a lopsided around the corner type of shot, but what you can see is the similarity amongst the group. Consistent height, bone, weight among the two body types.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 010 Feeders at rest.JPG
    010 Feeders at rest.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 010 Feeder "wild thing".JPG
    010 Feeder "wild thing".JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 010 Feeder.JPG
    010 Feeder.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 010 Feeders.JPG
    010 Feeders.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Thank Jonathan. I can taste the great steaks from here:thumb:.:rofl: Hey do you keep the meat or when you take them is it sold to the slaughter house?

How old is that "Wild thing"?

Thats a nice piece of land you have there.

Last edited:
Looks like the photo stuff worked. :thumb:

I spent part of my youth on and around farms and ranches, but have never heard the term "go dark" in regard to cattle. What does that mean in city slicker talk? :p

...I spent part of my youth on and around farms and ranches, but have never heard the term "go dark" in regard to cattle. What does that mean in city slicker talk? :p

Come on Vaughn... When a young padawan calf matures into a bull under the tutelage of a Jedi Bull but is enticed to the dark side the term is "go dark". See attached photo :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

vader steer.jpg

Thank Jonathan. I can taste the great steaks from here:thumb:.:rofl: Hey do you keep the meat or when you take them is it sold to the slaughter house?

How old is that "Wild thing"?

Thats a nice piece of land you have there.

Rob, when you visit, we'll pull a steak from the freezer or a ham steak from one of our hogs. Nope, calves are already sold, know their owner or owners. Some customers buy a whole, some buy a half, some buy a 1/4. I sell them for $2.00 a pound hanging weight (means once the hide, head, guts, feet and tail are off of them). Depending on the cuts and tailoring customers do to their orders, they can expect another $1.30-1.40 per pound for a total of around $3.30 per pound. Can be expensive hamburger, but buy quality steaks for that!!!
That whole group of calves were born last April '09, so a year and a half old. Should average 1200-1300 pounds live weight. Should hang 60% of live weight.
Thank you, from the cow picture you are seeing the front or road side of the property. Buildings sit in exact center so lose some acreage to road and drives, but not bothered by lights or cars. Thanks.

Looks like the photo stuff worked. :thumb:

I spent part of my youth on and around farms and ranches, but have never heard the term "go dark" in regard to cattle. What does that mean in city slicker talk? :p

It is more common in breeds that are very high strung (limousin, charloais) and with the males being virgin bulls, if they get on an adrenalin high right before being slaughtered, it will cause the meat to darken (no one has said if it is released blood in the meat). So our calves when they come off of the cows are high strung, we run them into a smaller pasture and feed in a barn all winter. Then come spring we move them to a back pasture where they hang out, eat, drink and enjoy life. Then two months before I move them into these two corrals to get them reacquainted with humans. All summer they get grain and hay along with pasture. In the feedlot they are on high quality hay and grain.