Me in lathe land!!!

Tom Niemi

Staff member
Yep I am going to show some flat work in lathe land:D Well as least my part is flat but the show stopper is round stuff:thumb: A while back I showed my first cutting boards that i gave as a wedding shower gift to some dear friends daughter. And to add to it I wanted to gift the couple with pens to sign their wedding license on Saturday. Now I DO NOT TURN so I got in touch with a few of my friends here at FWW and contracted 4 pens, 2 for the bride and groom and 2 for the brides parents (Our dear friends, the LOML has been friends with the brides mother for 50 years :thumb::thumb::thumb:) OK now the show stoppers, Jonathan Shively turned me 4 of the nicest pens I have seen and Pete Simmons did a 2 row engraving and complimented them to the finest possible way:D Thank you both as I now have something so very special to give some very special people:thumb::thumb::thumb: OH and a simple presentation box that I made also made of curlie maple and jarrah to match the cutting boards:). And as required,THE PICS:D

Attachments

• All pens.jpg
    All pens.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 70
  • Box and Pens.jpg
    Box and Pens.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Engraving.jpg
    Engraving.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 67
  • Pen box.jpg
    Pen box.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 58
  • Pens and Box.jpg
    Pens and Box.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 53
Wonderful effort all around!

I really like the way the hardware on those pens compliment the wood, very well done on that point too!

The box is really nice, love the curly Maple :D

When first I saw the title of your thread I thought. Oh,oh, next one is going to be Larry.

Now I see that it is only good collaboration, between people from inside and outside the vortex, as it should be always.:):thumb: