Winter 2010 FWW Beard Growing Contest

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
So, After a little discussion, It appears there is some interest in a beard growing contest.

The contest starts on Monday November 1st and ends February 2nd, Groundhog day. Voting will be open to all FWW Voting members and will end on February 1st, 2011.

So far the Rules are:

1. On the contest start date, all contestants will post a picture of themselves, clean shaven (Mustaches acceptable), with something that clearly identifies the starting date. Acceptable verification of date would be a newspaper, or their cell phone showing the current date and time.
  2. The contest will run for 3 months.
  3. At the end of the 3 month period, prizes will be awared for:
    • Longest Beard
    • Most Creative Beard
    • Grayest Beard

Prizes are a little hazy, but I'll come up with something...

The participants are:

Feel free to let me know if you'd like to add your name and face to to the competition...

Last edited:
Let me think, I already have my winter coat, would have to shave and re start again:rolleyes:, OK keep the stash that I have had for 31 years, good. I also have a goatee that I have had for 20 years, and now to shave that:eek::huh: I need to talk this over with the LOML cause she is the one who has to look at me daily. poor gal:p:rofl::rofl::rofl:

LOML said NO but I have a little time to work on her:p But for all your entertainment here is an as is just for fun :rolleyes::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Attachments

• Beard.jpg
    Beard.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 52
  • ME LOL.jpg
    ME LOL.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 46
Sorry I'll pass as winter is the best diving months around here and a beard wrecks the seal on my mask.

Let me get this straight....

The best time, to go diving, aka swimming, in Canada, In the Northern hemisphere, is, in, the middle of winter? :huh:

Well, then, you Sir, deserve an unfettered face! :thumb:

Let me get this straight....

The best time, to go diving, aka swimming, in Canada, In the Northern hemisphere, is, in, the middle of winter? :huh:

Well, then, you Sir, deserve an unfettered face! :thumb:

The ice helps hold the heat in the water. :rofl:

It seems all the diving I've done in SoCal has been between January and April. My 7mm wetsuit would probably be pretty chilly up in Drew's neck of the woods. He's probably wearing a parka and a toque under his dry suit. :p

come on, real men can do this.

Suddenly...I'm not half the man I used to be.

Jeff%27s%20Half%20Beard%20Cropped.jpg

Not me, though. It's my bass player buddy Jeff. We were in Rock Springs Wyoming and he decided to shave his beard before the gig that night. He got halfway through and decided to go onstage with half a beard. At the end of the night he was talking to one of the regulars at the bar, and the guy stopped midway through a sentence with a shocked look on his face and said "...man, you only wearing half a beard!"

Sounds like fun. I've always wanted a beard but after about a week of not shaving the wife starts complaining that I look uglier than usual and insists I shave it :rofl:

Lets see how good a salesman I am. I'll work on her over the next couple of days and let you know.:D:D

I told my wife about the contest and I got that little chuckle she does with a "no, you're not doing that" (discussion ended). :rolleyes:

I guess I'd probably need it if I did go ahead with the contest...shop isn't insulated yet.:D