Fun With E-mail

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Occasionally, we get e-mail addressed to the forum Webmaster from companies who want to show us how to make more money with our forum. Usually we just delete the message and move on to the next. Today we got one that I couldn't resist replying to. Here's the original message, with the company and salesman's names changed to protect the innocent:

I am the Manager of Business Development for Google Ventures backed ABC-Co; which is deeply rooted in the forum space. I would like to discuss how FamilyWoodworking and ABC-Co could be working together.

Feel free to contact me anytime.

Thanks,
-John

A little more about us: Some of our investors include the founder of Android, a current VP of LinkedIn, as well as the former CEO of LinkedIn.
I especially got a kick out of the line about being "deeply rooted in the forum space", whatever the heck that means. So here's the response I sent back to him:

Hi John –

Your message couldn’t have come at a better time. It just so happens that we’re looking for new approaches to synergizing our flowthrough and driving WAP communities through brand intuitive programs, enabling us to leverage strategic e-markets and monetize interactive solutions. If there is a way we can mesh compelling systems to transition mission-critical partnerships, while still e-enabling our backend paradigm, I’m sure we’d be interested in engaging a business convergence to streamline our dynamic bandwidth with best-of-breed functionalities.

Either that, or we’re just a simple group of woodworkers who have no desire to make money with our forum.

If you had actually looked the place over, you’d know which of the above paragraphs is true. ;)

Thanks for the offer, and best regards –

Vaughn McMillan
Family Woodworking Admin Team

A little more about us: Some of our members include a guy who built an awesome set of kitchen cabinets, a world-famous router expert, and this real friendly guy with a big beard.

You know a lot of times I slap that ROFLMAO emoticon on an email. Here's a secret, I'm not always ROF or LMAO.

But in this case, I swear it was both....

:rofl:

That was great!:rofl::rofl:

I rec'd an email today from a scammer responding to a post of mine on Craig's List. His first communication was a simple, "is this still available?" When I answered, "Yes", I got this reply. (Edited out names....) By the way, my asking price was $325, just for reference.

Hello there,
thank you for your response..
i am willing to proceed with the transaction now and pay you 400 which include p&p.kindly login to your paypal account and select the request money button located at the top of your paypal account homepage and send the money request directly to my paypal account id which is hisname@gmail.com so that i can submit payment to you via paypal right now as paypal is safe, fast and easy to send and receive money online.

If you dont have a paypal account just logon to
www.paypal.com and set up your paypal account, after setting up your paypal account you locate the request money button located at the top of your paypal account home page, use it to request money directly from my paypal account which is hisname@gmail.com once I receive your money request from paypal, I will submit payment to you immediately via paypal asap.

My response :D

Thank you for your interest in my item and your generous offer. I have forwarded a copy of your email to Craig's List, PayPal, and Google Mail advising them of your scam.

Rennie

I've not heard anything back yet. Can't imagine why.:rofl::rofl: I wish these guys would just disappear into a sink hole some place.:pullhair: