Friday

Don Baer

Staff member
Well whatcha got planned. It Holloween so we will have our neighbor hood party. We block off the street, put up bounces for the kids, set up bar B Ques in the street and everyone will will bring dishes to share. We not only have our street at the party but several streets around us. Other then that there also the Race a Talladega and of course some shop time as well as church on Sunday morn. So what have yall got going on.

School work is looking light so I might get a little free time. Benefit tomorrow night for a local guy that had liver transplant. Second person in two weeks.

Might try and get some more figuring done on the miter bench, router table, bandsaw stand and other upgrades.

Drawer slides should be here today. Parts are still rolling in.

Got some painting to do, some flooring to put in, and some panels to cut for the media alcove. If I get one of those done, I'll call it a successful weekend.

Got facings made for the kitchen cabinets (pics and updates coming...don't worry) last night, so installing those and starting some painting tonight. May be putting a timing chain on the tahoe tomorrow if I get the will to do so, not getting any warmer in the uninsulated/unheated shop so need to get it done soon. Finishing up some upstairs flooring details on Sunday, maybe leveling out the kitchen floor where I have a couple of cracked joists.

Well, today was the big layoff day :eek: at work...
I dodged the bullet again, so I get to come back Monday :)

So I will be thankful for that, and try to get the kitchen cabinet started, and order the items that were on hold pending today's outcome.

Whew!

allen, you're lucky you haven't had a visit from the ufscw (united fellowship of santa claus workers) local 217 yet:rofl:

counting down the work hours (24, working tonight and tomorrow night) until the big 4 days off. nothing like 60 hr weeks to cut into your woodworking time. i plan on finishing off IVAR, turning the spokes, painting the hub parts and rim of the model t wheel, and maybe even a pen or two. then i'll sleep the next 3 days....:D:thumb:

Just some yard work on Saturday and Sunday. A trip to my lumber guy to buy some cherry for the chest I'm making for my wife.

We are kind of off the beaten path so we dont get any trick or treaters. except for a few of my grandkids.:thumb::thumb:

Winterize the motorcycle and put it in the shed until spring. Clean out the carport so I can get the car in again. Start collecting the stuff to go to California next weekend. Wash the car and get the oil changed. And get the finish on some stuff that has to go with me.

Oh! Finish the sermon for Sunday.

Another coat of finish on the bookcase tonight. Getting even with LOML for all of those "Home Shows" I get dragged to. She's my date for The Woodworking Shows in O.C. I've got a Peachtree, Woodline, Lee Valley, Storeroom Supply, etc. shopping list for all those little things you don't want to pay shipping on. No big purchases planned this year. Then, of course there's yard work and the house, the car could use a wash. etc.

LOML out to do music stuff with her kids in the am. I'll go get gas, and the caulk I should have gotten last weekend when I was in both HD and Lowe's. :huh::doh:
Have some joints to fill from getting the OSB up on the ceilings and walls in the finishing room, then get 2 coats of Kilz on it.
Like others, yard work to do. Mow for hopefully the last time this year, and clean some more of the front yard of leaves and debris and put down some more rye seed and fertilizer. The back yard is growing well that we did 3 weeks ago.
Hope and pray the Rangers shuck off their return to their "StRangers" nick name. Sure haven't played the World Series so far like they did the rest of the year. Hope they can turn it around and make it a respectable series.
Hope everyone has a safe and productive weekend! Jim.

I was lucky enough to get today off (its an overtime day as we work 4;10 hour days, but because everyone wants a snowplow this time of year, we have been working 50-60 hours for months to get them built).

So having Alyson from Thursday through Saturday, and being a single parent now, I enlist this 4 year olds help too move 2000 feet of sheep fence, move the sheep from the upper pasture to the lower pasture to begin breeding season, then went to a restaurant for lunch, clothes shopping, grocery shopping and finally a bath before bed.

Tomorrow we will pick up said 2000 feet of fence, open the upper pasture for the snowmobilers this winter, drop Alyson off at her Mom's, then pick up last years manure pile so the sheep can build another.

Then on Sunday its off to New Hampshire (168 miles one way) to spend time with a friend, and then be back home for work on Monday morning. So its a pretty slow weekend for me this week.

Still have to throw in 3-4 cords of firewood (while keeping a lookout for "special" wood :D) and vacuum up 2 acres of maple and oak leaves. Sunday's forecast is "3 degrees C and chance of flurries". The old Farmall we brought home in the summer still needs some work, joystick installed, loader re-mounted, old tire chains fitted, oil changed to 0-40 synthetic and block heater installed. (I'll eventually post a pic when it's back together.) That's outdoor work too, since in spite of all our old buildings, there's no place to drive her in. I figure if she's all ready, it won't snow all winter.
Otherwise, pretty quiet.
Play safe!