Kitchen Floor Replacement

i like it too brent,, qnd it sure beats the fake wood look that some of it has..but bucky isnt gonna get muck traction so watch his hips brent..

Thanks Larry! Yeah, wasn't too wild about the wood laminates for some reason. To tell the truth, this was an 'impulse' buy from Home depot a few years ago when it was on sale. It really does work pretty well with the maple in the kitchen.

So is "ballast" a subtle way of saying I'm fat? :rofl::rofl:

No, just saying that it's tricky to be able to snap these things together. I don't really think it's a one person job. Well, maybe if I got better at it, but it really helped to have someone put a foot on it a couple of sheets down to keep things from coming apart when you were trying to get the 2-way fit....

...No, just saying that it's tricky to be able to snap these things together. I don't really think it's a one person job. Well, maybe if I got better at it, but it really helped to have someone put a foot on it a couple of sheets down to keep things from coming apart when you were trying to get the 2-way fit....

Whew! Nice save there, Brent. :rofl:

The floor looks great. :thumb: I really like the stone look.

Thats the best laminate i have ever seen. Did not even know they do it with stone finish. Really a great improvement.

I see you dodged a bullet on the ballast thing....:rofl::rofl:

Get the baseball bat Sharon. sort him out.:D Oh Sharon, talking ballast i notice Brent has taken away his weight signature line. Could that be saying something?

Just curious but what made you keep the carpet.? I would have gone all the way. :)

Get the baseball bat Sharon. sort him out.:D Oh Sharon, talking ballast i notice Brent has taken away his weight signature line. Could that be saying something?

Just curious but what made you keep the carpet.? I would have gone all the way. :)

Yeah, need to get that back. Haven't really gained much lately, but haven't lost either....

We are getting rid of the carpet. I actually changed the footprint of the tile floor a bit and have been cutting pieces of carpet away. We are painting the room and wanted to get it painted before we did the flooring and carpeting. Painted the kitchen last week, so I was able to do the flooring. Still have one wall left to paint, and then we can get the new carpeting. Hopefully will go shopping this week for some.