Own all the lie nielsen tools?

Eric Roberts

I found this page from another forum of a guy who built a tool chest. Check out what he filled it with :eek: (make sure you cover you keyboards from drooling before you click the link)

http://www.craftedbytim.com/?m=201010

Guess he didnt want to worry about fitting another plane in later so he just bought them all now. Just think how much money it took to fill that tool chest:doh: I just wanna know whats in the other 4 drawers?

well eric,, i think that he has a better payun job than i have:rofl: and that is one fine collection of some very good tools.. i see blue spruce stuff in there as well..i also think the guy knows what those tools are for after seeing that tool box. thanks for posting it i need to clean the key board:)

Oh my, that is one wonderful piece of work, all the way around. Nice chest, nice tools. It makes my head spin...

Thanks for the warning on the drool rag. My keyboard would never be the same. Nice box and nice stuff in it. I wonder if that LV tape measure feels lonely?

(warning nitpick ahead...)

The placement of his tape measures in the top drawer puzzle me. Right-handed or left, it seems to me that it'll be upside down when you pick one up.

Apart from the good job on the chest and the drooling about the tools, I can't but have the feeling that this is some sort of hidden or subliminal marketing.

There are no old tools, all tools seem brand new, all of them are easy recognizable by a wood worker, at a glance I've recognized the Lie Nielsen ones, both sets of equal chisels with the only diference in the wood of the handles, the dovetail fretsaw and the dovetail one from Rob Cosman, tools from Blue Spruce to mention a few, Tite Mark gauges, and do forth.

Sorry but I've been led to buy certain tools too many times just because that famous guy is using them on that article or because they appear as by hazard on that closeup picture that I've grown rather esceptical about why some things appear on woodworking magazines.

And that doesn't mean that I would not love to have them, because I would.

Last edited:
If the guy is using them or not, it's his money not YOURS so who cares :D

Lovely toolbox for sure! :thumb:

Of course you are right, Stu. But, in case you haven't noticed yet.....I don't march to anyones drum beat. I think different than most folks and enjoy the difference.
I am fascinated by peoples habits. I am constantly trying to understand the 'why' of why people are the way they are. I watch TV shows like L.A. Ink about tattoo artists, the motorcycle builder guys (talk about a disfunctional bunch...) and others.
Did I ever tell you "Folks is funny critters"? ;)