Woodpeck PRL

You're kidding, right? The amount of discussion around here on PRL's and you have to ask??? I have a PRL-v1 16TPI with a Milwaukee 5625. If either disappeared I would re-order in a heartbeat. I have been thinking about grabbing a spare PRL-v1 before they disappear.

Woodpeck themselves. Just follow the link in my previous message. :thumb:

I'm tempted, but not gonna do it... :eek:

Oh boy this is a test of restraint.

I see if you go to Bills link its $269 and your link Brent its $199.

One being Unilift and the other being PRL.

Yet one site says order the prl being that you can adjust the bit above the table.

Glenn which increment have you got. I see Bill is 1/16.

Carol........help you got any comments on these?

One more question in one thread it lists loads of compatible routers and the other thread you need to order router specific and there are only two.

Without me going and studying the whole lot is there a quick answer to this?

They are selling them for $199 Rob because they are discontinueing that model. I got an e-mail about it earlier in the week.

One more question in one thread it lists loads of compatible routers and the other thread you need to order router specific and there are only two.

Without me going and studying the whole lot is there a quick answer to this?

Yes. Get the URL if you already have a router you plan to put under a table. You'll also need to buy the extender.

If you don't already have an under table router, get the PRL, and buy one of the two that fit. No extender required.

When I got mine, I'd just spent what I'd considered a fortune on my MV-12. There was no way Doorlink would let me spring for another router. By that time, I was on my fourth! :eek:

Thanks,

Bill

Glenn which increment have you got. I see Bill is 1/16.

I've got the 16TPI which gives you all the precision you could want. The 32TPI is just a bit slow to wind, even with the automated PRL winder. ($14 at Costco). I have never regretted getting the 16TPI version. Bit changes above the table are no problem. The only time I ever open the door underneath anymore is when I spin larger bits and want to reach the speed control which is right in front.

Last edited:
Just for the record, I searched for PRL and didn't get much. Of course that was late last night and I wasn't functioning too well. Guess I might as well try and snag one next week.

Hey I think it might be possible to do a group buy here. I can think of someone else that could be have their arm twisted.:D

Which version would you go for Steve. ?

I have a smaller 2 1/4 hp PC variable speed but for this permanent role i am thinking Milwaukee red. But just the motor. But i would look to get the router portion later.

Just for the record, I searched for PRL and didn't get much. Of course that was late last night and I wasn't functioning too well. Guess I might as well try and snag one next week.

Also for the record, I meant that "You're kidding" in the best, teasing, el compadre sort of way. Not as serious sarcasm at all :D. I should have added a big cheesy smile ion there somewhere. :)

Glenn that automated winder bit was a sharp one:rofl: You had me going for a moment. I thought your Costco carries stuff like Woodpecker:huh::rofl::rofl::rofl: Then i followed the link.:).

So what do you say Mr Bradley would you be game for a group buy. You would be number 4.