Woodpeck PRL

So what do you say Mr Bradley would you be game for a group buy. You would be number 4.

Man, that was close. I almost committed despite Christmas coming up. Tell you what. If there's a discount for a group buy and you need one more to make the deal, let me know.

I've had mine for about 6 years now. LOVE IT!!! I have the 32 tpi. With the bent wrenches my PC7518 came with, you don't have to crank it up all the way. If you get one, splurge on the template. It makes it very easy to make the recessed cutout. Also, you need a specific template router bit...5/8" IIRC. It's listed on their website. I bought a Jasada bit at the woodworking show for about 16 bucks.
Get the PRL, you won't believe why you waited. But glad you did at the price you can get it for!!!! Jim.

Last edited:
Yeah Chuck i went through that when Toni was looking for suggestions last year and everyone shot me down about the cost of the cutters.

I still think you onto something there but what do i know?

Yeah Chuck i went through that when Toni was looking for suggestions last year and everyone shot me down about the cost of the cutters.

I still think you onto something there but what do i know?

I think it is more the 10k RPM top speed that turns me away. Shapers work great as designed but, spinning router bits is not their forte. To each their own. I've got a shaper's worth of router bits so its money spent one way or another :D.

Larry LV might be able to supply you with the correct collar the Kreg version of the new lift they sell is a woodpecker version 2 there are various collars available. You need to measure your hitachi diameter and compare to the ones they mention.

I see they have one for the PC 890 and Dewalt 618 etc so maybe the Hitachi is the same size. Check here

This is the lift i am going to end up with. After looking into the PRL and shipping etc this just makes sense i can pick it up in 30 minutes.:D

I also just checked the Woodpecker site and they call them pads but only seem to be available for the V2 lift. On their site there is a drop down list in the parts section for the V2

Tried to copy all the routers listed but cant do it you will have to check.

First let me state that I just buckled. I couldn't stand the idea of not being able to get my hands on another PRL someday. I just ordered the 16TPI version for the Milwaukee 5625 just like the one I already have.

I have had years of experience on this model and it is like an old friend. I was just out doing some things on the router table and it suddenly struck me; soon I would not be able to get another one of these. I stopped what I was doing and came in and ordered it.

I'm weak. The first step toward recovery is admitting you have a problem. I have a problem; I love this lift :).

glen, doesnt the milwaukee have its own T handle to lift the router up and down?

Yes it does and I ran that way for quite awhile. With a bit of finesse on the motor lock you can lock the carriage without much deviation. The PRL-v1 went on sale when the PRL-v2 was announced. The price was good enough to make me go for it.

Hmm, if you get another Milwaukee 5625 you could then have two complete setups...dueling router tables!

That is the eventual plan but, my shop re-arrangement that is going on right now will tell the tale of whether or not I can actually make that work. If all else fails I can make an outfeed table to replace my "temporary" one and build a router station into it :huh: . . . thinkin' on it. . . . Ow that hurts! :D