The reason USPS is losing money

Roger Newby

I ordered some wood carving books from Amazon on Oct.29th. Got an e-mail that they were shipped on Oct. 30th from Nevada. On Nov. 2nd they were in Hebron, Tennessee, just south of Cincinnati. :huh: On Nov. 3rd they were in K.C. Mo. where they proceeded to Lincoln, Nebraska by way of Hwy 2, which passes 1/2 mile from my house. :huh: Then they came back down Hwy 2 to Syracuse on Nov. 4th and I got them today, Nov. 5th. They didn't show any signs of wear, so the mule must not have stumbled any during the trip.:rofl: UPS (United Prairie Schooner) doesn't do much better but they charge more.:rolleyes:

Cincinnati are real close to Tennessee [190 mile ]

I worked in traffic and transportation (logistics) for over 40 years... it was my experience that if something goes wrong on a shipment, don't bother to try to stop it and correct it... just let it go on to hell and when it stops rolling, then you can push it back up the hill and get it where it belongs.:rofl::rofl:

Back in the '70's I worked for a major airlines in San Francisco... we had a soldier's trunk that was destined for Frankfurt Germany... It left SF on our outbound cargo plane, on a direct flight to Frankfurt, but never arrived in Frankfurt... the flight went on from Frankfurt to it's next station... we started an all stations trace for the trunk.... 3 weeks later we still had not found the trunk... I was a load master on the cargo planes out of SF on the evening shift... I went out one day to check my flight, discovered it was the same plane on which the lost trunk had originated... there sat the trunk, still on board the plane... it has been around the world about 6 times in that 3 weeks and wound up back where it started. :D:huh::huh::dunno::dunno:

Oh and BTW, TWA is out of business now.

USPS is cheap, but unreliable.

I love Amazon Prime. Can't beat two-day free UPS shipping (and I have never had a single problem with UPS this way).