Shop First Aid Kit link with video instructions

Rob, I'd like to add a couple of comments. For those of us with shops in the home, I'm wondering if the first aid kit might be better off inside the house. I mean you obviously need something for bleeding, but if I was going to clean and dress a cut, I'd go inside. Wouldn't you want to wash up? I don't have a sink in the shop (not yet anyway). I'm just wondering........ obviously if you're not attached to your house you need the first aid kit right at hand. I totally agree with the phone kept down low.

Also, in our case, Glassman's shop is not connected to the house, and is about 20 yards away, so we are also planning on keeping walkie talkies with us, mainly for the purpose of asking for help.

I think the stitching idea is a good one if you're far from civilization, but most of us aren't going to try to stitch up ourselves......

I agree about the stitching. First of all remember whatever you put on or in the wound is going to be removed by a nurse or doctor. Usually butterfly closures and direct pressure is the best thing to do. And then there is the shock problem to consider.

By the way...thanks Rob and all of you as well for running this thread. If it helps one person then it was all worth it:thumb:

An emergency has always been in the back of my mind when I'm in the shop. Your accident has brought it to the front of my mind. So often I don't use the proper safety procedures, especially when it's just one cut. I hope I don't become lax again.