kitchen plan

Ned:

While doing a kitchen layout I STRONGLY suggest you at least factor in the CURRENT size of appliances.

In 2003 we redid our kitchen and the designer fit the cabinet above the fridge too tightly. When our 8 year old fridge died this summer a new one would NOT fit because they are 2 1/2 inches taller than our opening. I had to take the top cabinet out and have yet to order another.

We were one of three couples in the appliance store with the same issue.

Cheers

Jim

Ned:

While doing a kitchen layout I STRONGLY suggest you at least factor in the CURRENT size of appliances.

In 2003 we redid our kitchen and the designer fit the cabinet above the fridge too tightly. When our 8 year old fridge died this summer a new one would NOT fit because they are 2 1/2 inches taller than our opening. I had to take the top cabinet out and have yet to order another.

Cheers

Jim

Good point Jim.:thumb:
When I replace our fridge I'm going to have to remove the cabinet over it.

Ned:

Cheers

Jim

current fridge is a mere: 66" high, but our freezer is a tall 70", and I'm planning on about 74 just to be safe (might drag over to lowes and measure a few bigger units just in case though) good tip, thanks!

Good point Jim.:thumb:
When I replace our fridge I'm going to have to remove the cabinet over it.

I hope that goes well, when you get to it Bob.