Happy Veterans Day to all the Vets out there.

A picture of the day my son came home from Iraq. His Mom just about jumped over the security gate to get to him first.

It was the first time we had a good nights sleep in over a year.:D

The picture tells it all.

100_2968 (600 x 450) Homecoming.jpg

Today, in less than three hours, I will have the honor of being the Master of Ceremonies at our traditional Veteran's Day observance in town.
As Commander of the Legion of Honor (Shrine Veteran's Unit) I had the responsibilities of organizing this years event.
I am looking forward to it. We hare being helped by beautiful weather.
Even though I have done a lot of public speaking, I have to admit a slight case of anxiety. Hope I don't mess it up.

I called my Vet, my Dad to let him know I was thinking of him and all he has done along with all the others that have served their country in the past and present. He was very very happy at 93 to know that people still care. Its really great in Canada that we spend a whole week remembering men and woman of the services. I am glad this day has not been made a national holiday or it would loose its meaning.

Thank you to all vetrans of whatever armies that have served their countries in times of trouble.:thumb:

hope these come out ok.
My Dad served in north africa in WW2 and had some pics of Monty and Churchill. Found these when going through his old pics. My dad is the one in the last pic with the rifle at his right side.

Attachments

• old Family pictures 007 (2) - Copy.JPG
    old Family pictures 007 (2) - Copy.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 9
  • old Family pictures 007 (3) - Copy.JPG
    old Family pictures 007 (3) - Copy.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 8
  • old Family pictures 007 (4) - Copy.JPG
    old Family pictures 007 (4) - Copy.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 8
  • old Family pictures 007 (5) - Copy.JPG
    old Family pictures 007 (5) - Copy.JPG