Friday

I've got some cabinet doors (5) and drawer (3) fronts to make. They'll be simple, shaker style with beadboard panels. Other than that, not a lot going on.

After all the cutting of OSB for the walls in the finishing room, I have some major cleaning to do in the shop. But it will have to wait until I finish sleeping tomorrow. :wave: Might go buy one of the new lights I need for the finishing room and put it up so I have some decent light to see by. And then start arranging some of the stuff I have that will stay in there. Need to dismantle (cut up) the welding table my dad gave me. Too tall to do any woodworking on. Hope I can salvage the casters. Then I plan to sleep some more. :D Jim.

Well i started the weekend early. Went out and board ten sheets of plywood. Now i dont have to worry about not having wood.:D Then got the lawnmower put away and shovels out ready for the white stuff.;)

Tomorrow we have my sons highschool championship football game, they playing the shriners stadium in North York so we will be down there for the Juniors and Seniors games. Might get a little shop time on Sunday before hockey.

I drove 500 miles today. First pic is where I started, where I ended up, and now IM home.

Attachments

• cabinet 209 (Medium).jpg
    cabinet 209 (Medium).jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 21
  • cabinet 211 (Medium).jpg
    cabinet 211 (Medium).jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 22
My Dad's out for a visit. Went and spent last night in Tahoe.

Tonight, just chilling at the house. Tomorrow we will pretend it's thanksgiving with all the trimmings, and might just have to toss a few clay birds for a while when the turkey is resting on the weber grill...

No shop time, cause I have to do some work work on Sunday...

...............................Wasnt so much about the purchase, I just wanted to see the place. Was only 375 miles out of my way.I really love this retirement thing. What day is it?(got my router finally)
I startled myself when I pulled the trigger switch on a sawzall, didnt realize the batteries were actually live ones.

Last edited:
...............................Wasnt so much about the purchase, I just wanted to see the place. Was only 375 miles out of my way.I really love this retirement thing. What day is it?(got my router finally)
I startled myself when I pulled the trigger switch on a sawzall, didnt realize the batteries were actually live ones.

If you would have driven another 1600 miles southwest I would have given you a 18" diameter cyclone body for your newly rearranged shop.

My Dad's out for a visit. Went and spent last night in Tahoe.

Tonight, just chilling at the house. Tomorrow we will pretend it's thanksgiving with all the trimmings, and might just have to toss a few clay birds for a while when the turkey is resting on the weber grill...

No shop time, cause I have to do some work work on Sunday...

OK, clay birds need to be in the canyons north of here....you're not littering our property when we can litter gov't property, legally.

my new buddy Larry the Ambasador of good will is heading back home after a great visit. He popped his 2nd deer last night under the wathful eye of Jarrod. He is now a beleiver in back yard hunting LOL. Larry is a great guy and its hard to beleive that we just meet. Seems that from the moment he walk through the doors of my shop0 it was like a old friend grased my threshold again. Thanks Larry for the great week.

my new buddy Larry the Ambasador of good will is heading back home after a great visit...

Yeah, he fot here around 11:00 a.m., and left around 1:00 p.m., heading for home. We had originally figured on him staying the night, but he got a bit of "git-home-itis" I guess. Not sure whether my wife's asking him if he wanted to rake leaves or help put up the outside Xmas lights had anything to do with that, or not... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Anyway, he dropped of a couple nice pieces of venison, picked up his spalted curly maple, had a bit of conversation and a brew, and then was on his way.

We really enjoyed having him here - and like Dave said, it's like having an instant comrade. Two minutes in, and you feel like you've known hime all your life. Great guy, that Larry!

my new buddy Larry the Ambasador of good will is heading back home after a great visit. He popped his 2nd deer last night under the wathful eye of Jarrod. He is now a beleiver in back yard hunting LOL. Larry is a great guy and its hard to beleive that we just meet. Seems that from the moment he walk through the doors of my shop0 it was like a old friend grased my threshold again. Thanks Larry for the great week.

Yeah, he fot here around 11:00 a.m., and left around 1:00 p.m., heading for home. We had originally figured on him staying the night, but he got a bit of "git-home-itis" I guess. Not sure whether my wife's asking him if he wanted to rake leaves or help put up the outside Xmas lights had anything to do with that, or not... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Anyway, he dropped of a couple nice pieces of venison, picked up his spalted curly maple, had a bit of conversation and a brew, and then was on his way.

We really enjoyed having him here - and like Dave said, it's like having an instant comrade. Two minutes in, and you feel like you've known hime all your life. Great guy, that Larry!

well guys the feelings are defiantly mutual..it good to know that when we the forum members travel we got a friend somewhere close by that we can relate to and not feel like we are imposing on, everyone i have met, have all been very gracious and welcoming..and if any of you get my way i will do my best to return the same.. thanks Dave for a great hunting and learning trip..

This weekend and the next three days are for getting the final products for a month long show plus another show on December 4th. This includes 50 Bottle stoppers, twenty Kaleidoscopes, both for the folks without a lot of money. And the usual bowls and boxes for those looking to something Artistic.

Set up for the long show (6th year) is Thursday.

Gonna be fun!

Bruce